Peninsula work status for 2014.

Peninsula work status for 2014.

Postby Hamer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:47 pm

Here is where to post if you see some trees down or something in general out of place on the course.

I am hearing that more people want to help keep the Peninsula clean this year. More help is always appreciated.

I will try to organize most of the work days through here and on Facebook. I will post when there is a work night or when something needs done.

If you are someone or know somebody that wants to help, post your contact information such as a phone number or an email address here. You can send an email to office@viciouscirclediscgolf.com with your information if you do not want to post it on the board.

Andy Hamer

Vicious Circle Disc Golf
Last edited by Hamer on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can only be offended if you want to be.
Hamer

Re: Peninsula work status for 2014.

Postby Hamer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:54 pm

There is a large tree down on hole #8 in the blue fairway.

Jason Stroud and I cleaned up about half of the debris on 3/30/2014.

It is going to need a large chainsaw blade to clear it all out of that region.

We cleaned it up enough that it will be fine for the short pin location for 4/12/2014 tournament.

Andy Hamer

Vicious Circle Disc Golf
Hamer

Postby Hamer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:33 pm

Jason and I picked up a lot of branches and logs on hole four and the blue fairway on hole five. There was a lot of stuff left over on hole five from the floods last year. It took about two hours, but it was worth it.

The condition of the entire course is excellent.

Andy
Hamer

Postby Hamer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:35 pm

Jason and I removed quite a few logs from holes 3, 4, 5 and 9. The fairways are looking excellent. We each put in two hours of work to make four hours total. We cut down some low hanging branches throughout the forest.

Andy
Hamer

Postby prodiscgolf » Fri May 02, 2014 9:36 am

I talked with Duane from the Iowa City P&R on his initiative. He's going to clear the sand from #13's pad and I mentioned the large tree on #8's Blue fairway. He said their direction this year is to mow every 14-20 days. With lots of rain, the grass will get long out there again this year. Duane said if we have a tournament out there, he'll try to get it mowed prior to the event, we just need to let him know the dates.

Terry Robinson has retired from the IC P&R and his replacement starts 5/14. I'm trying to get a meeting to discuss Pen replacement signs and Wetherby's signage for the week of 5/19.
prodiscgolf

Postby prodiscgolf » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 pm

I spent yesterday resetting the tee sign posts because the City will eventually hire someone to reweld the signs that we have collected that were broken off the posts. I've ordered the replacement signs and poles for the other holes that need them. Hopefully we will get them here before the end of June.
prodiscgolf

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park