Camden League 1:00/$5.00-Random Draw

Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline, Rock Island and surrounding area leagues

Moderator: Sniper26

Postby Orange Guy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:14 pm

Lou wrote:Pat (or anyone, for that matter), please don't dig in the park without talking to someone from the city first.

I called today and talked to Dave Pannell and he is cool with a small trench to help with the runoff. He also said that this is the first he has heard of a drainage problem in that area and was thankful that I called to let him know. He said they'd get out to look at it, but they are so backed up (finally going to fix the street in front of my house!) that they won't be able to get to it anytime soon.

He doesn't want any deep trenches dug that could make mowing difficult once it dries out.
Orange Guy

Postby Daddy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:55 pm

I agree. The trench needs to be very small. Dug in the correct place, the water will do the work for us. It just needs a little help.
Daddy

Postby Orange Guy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:06 pm

I'll be there with a shovel.

Ought to be fun, Sunday forecast is sunny and 53. And it'll be right after all this rain and snow.
Orange Guy

Postby Daddy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:17 pm

If anyone has a hoe, not a "HO" please bring it also. An maybe a rake as well.

See you at 11:00, I em parking ai the parking lot by 6's tee pad....
Daddy

Postby Orange Guy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:27 pm

No hos?:cry: That's cool, I usually give them Sundays off.

I'll bring shovels, spades, rakes, pitchforks, hoes and a wheelbarrow.
Orange Guy

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:32 pm

I'll bring the Rutger's basketball team...
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Sniper26 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:37 pm

I will try my best to be there also. The standing water on that hole is crazy. I am all in favor of a Sunday league, and if it is at Camden I am ok with that also, everyone knows I love that place. Has anyone thought about a Middle League?

Jay, as far as the committee goes and trying to rule over leagues, that is not the case at all. I would just like to get people on the same page as far as payouts, times, places, and formats so that we are not out running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and give some of us a good excuse to meet up every three monthes and enjoy a few beers.

I also strongly agree that we should have a Sunday league in order to keep a BS club *cough cough river city disc golf* from running a league and risk further running disc golf in the QC farther into a financial hole. Speaking of a finacial hole, since Clark is now selling custom stamped River City Disc Golf Discs, does anyone know if he is planning on using the funds that he is raising to help pay off the debt to the city of Bettendorf that he created, or is he just stuffing it in his pocket???
Sniper26

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:30 pm

I havent heard, but at the last club meeting I thought Dan said something about them wanting to get active about that. I could be wrong though.

Q: Why pay for something others are willing to pay for you, after you spit in thier face?

A: So that you can start a club ( or business ) and try to attract people with a cleaner record. Then it becomes an issue of heresay between us and them, and who is right or wrong. Its hard to gain support when your a deadbeat, but if your working to clear the bill, your doing your part.

My guess.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby flyinplastic23 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:51 am

Jay, as far as the committee goes and trying to rule over leagues, that is not the case at all. I would just like to get people on the same page as far as payouts, times, places, and formats so that we are not out running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and give some of us a good excuse to meet up every three monthes and enjoy a few beers.

thats all i was asking for. a discussion.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby jack » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:02 am

rogue pilot wrote:
Lou wrote:He doesn't want any deep trenches dug that could make mowing difficult once it dries out.

If standing water is going to be a recurring problem, you might dig a deeper trench, lay a PVC pipeline that will drain into the creek, and rebury it. You shouldn't have anymore standing water problems and the parks department won't have any mowing problems. It's a little more work up front, but when it's finished you won't have this problem every spring. I wish solving "the other problems" could be as simple...
jack

Postby RedEye19357 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:23 am

Pat I thank you are dead on on have something out at Camden on Sundays. That has been the status since that park was put in by the Readings when Jay first took me out there seven and a half years ago and I thought it was pretty gay to take it and move it to Tuesday tinights when, most people have weekends off. So you Pat thank you I will be out there most likely any weekend I am not loosing my ass at a tourney. See you when I can.
RedEye19357

Postby Daddy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:54 pm

Yes some field tile would be the best bet. but at the moment we are trying to do a quick fix. when it get a little drier we will take the proper digging tools out and fix it properly. The city will help out when you can get equiptment out there. thanks for the input.

John, see you out there when you can make it. :roll:
Daddy

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:52 pm

Rounds, actually I started the Tuesday league at Devils Glenn in 2005 right after the course got installed just to get people to play the course. In 2006 I started to run the league at Camden because it is 3 minutes from my work and that is where I play the most and would get the best turnout. Once we ran out of light in the fall I moved it to Sundays just to keep it going under the full assumption that it would be moved back to Tuesday nights as soon as light prevailed.

Before I moved the league to Sunday there had not been a Sunday league for well over a year at Camden. I hope the new Sunday league gets a great turnout and I will thoroughly enjoy playing in a Camden league that all I have to do is pay 5 bucks and play. I will also enjoy not having to go out and see if there are enough crazies that want to play when it is ten below.

Caker, I am not sure if we will need to get a long term solution to the water pooling problem on hole 6. I think just getting enough dug up to give the water somewhere to run will work for now and allow them to get some machinery in there. I have been in touch with the city of Milan and the Illinois Soil and Conservation Board about getting the drainage and erosion problems taken care of, I will you know what I find out.
Sniper26

Postby Daddy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:15 am

OK.
Daddy

Postby DVS1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:25 am

Just a thought. One stretch of field tile will fix the water problem. I'd say 2.5+ deep. Maybe the club can purchase the tile if the city provides the work with a backhoe and one of the super fancy laser levels.
DVS1

PreviousNext

Return to Quad City