Kan-U-Wyco

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby harryPutter » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:07 am

Add some freakin holes next time. :D It's not like you don't have enough land to work with out there. Wow, thats the 3rd C-Tier this year I've tried to get into a week to 2 weeks before hand. I hope thats just discers getting cabin fever. Have we lost the days of just showing up to a C-Tier and registering?
harryPutter

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:15 am

harryPutter wrote:. Have we lost the days of just showing up to a C-Tier and registering?

Pretty much.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby chappyfade » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:00 pm

harryPutter wrote:Add some freakin holes next time. :D It's not like you don't have enough land to work with out there. Wow, thats the 3rd C-Tier this year I've tried to get into a week to 2 weeks before hand. I hope thats just discers getting cabin fever. Have we lost the days of just showing up to a C-Tier and registering?

Pre-register next time.

The course is what it is, and frankly, it's long enough already. Adding made-up holes (usually crappy holes) after the fact places undue stress on the TD, not to mention removes any integrity from the original course.

If you know a TD is just going to add holes, why would you ever pre-register? It's ok if T.J. wants to add holes for his event in Osky. He knows he's going to do that way ahead of time, and he's also ok with procrastinators signing up at the last minute. It's also ok if a TD does NOT wish to add holes to accomodate the procrastinators. It's much easier to pre-register than add holes to the event.

It's a lot easier on the TD to know which 90 people are showing up, and he can set up his scoreboard accordingly. The first round will start on time, because the TD is not designing crappy holes at the last minute. We got finished before dark, because we didn't have to play crappy last-minute made-up holes.

Show some respect for the TD. Pre-register. We announced we weren't adding holes. You shouldn't have been surprised or mad when we did what we said we were going to do.

And if you had pre-registered a week ahead of time (like you said you attempted to), you'd have gotten in. The tourney filled on Monday afternoon, and people that got on the waiting list Tuesday morning ended up getting in the event. That's 5 days ahead of time. I don't think that's too much of an imposition on anyone.

Chap
chappyfade

Postby Like_Water » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:16 pm

I'm all for pre-registering, ONLINE. Can't say it enough,

ONLINE PREREGISTRATION IS THE TD'S BEST FRIEND!

As far as extra hole being "crappy", cmon... :roll:

That being said, it's up to the TD, and it is a burden. You have change all the scorecards and the rounds are longer....He's the boss, you play by his rules....even when they put a teepad on a sidewalk that's ob. :evil:

I haven't forgot TJ! (actually, i just remembered)
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby chappyfade » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:30 pm

Discwrangler wrote:I'm all for pre-registering, ONLINE. Can't say it enough,

As far as extra hole being "crappy", cmon... :roll:

That being said, it's up to the TD, and it is a burden. You have change all the scorecards and the rounds are longer....He's the boss, you play by his rules....even when they put a teepad on a sidewalk that's ob. :evil:

I haven't forgot TJ! (actually, i just remembered)

T.J does his ahead of time, because he knows he's going to add holes, and I'm sure he's put some thought into them, so I'm sure his holes aren't crappy. 95% of holes added as afterthoughts at the last minute are crappy.

I'm still mulling over coming up Saturday. Has the snow melted yet?

Chap
chappyfade

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:24 pm

snow's pretty much gone except for some drifts and piles, those should be gone by this weekend.
GDL17921

Postby AO » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:33 pm

and a player's. I think online pre-registration is great. Even better when a TD can trust your word about coming to an event, signs you up, and allows you to pay when you arrive day of. Getting up extra early day of the tournement to register is kind of a pain.
AO

Postby Like_Water » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:06 pm

AO wrote:

and a player's. I think online pre-registration is great. Even better when a TD can trust your word about coming to an event, signs you up, and allows you to pay when you arrive day of. Getting up extra early day of the tournement to register is kind of a pain.

That's just one of the many small reasons Timmy Gill is a GREAT TD.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby SoCal19 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:07 pm

AO wrote:

Exactly. You and Clay are good to go, Adam.
SoCal19

Postby AO » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:23 pm

Discwrangler wrote:
AO wrote:

That's just one of the many small reasons Timmy Gill is a GREAT TD.

You have to gain that trust though with the TD. How many players say they are going to play and don't. I like having the reputation that if I say I am going to do something or be somewhere people or TD's know I will follow through.
AO

Previous

Return to National Tournaments