The Rumble. April 27-28 2013 PDGA A-TIER Quad Cities. VPO!

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:51 pm

you buzzed :D
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Clue » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:23 am

I've only played Credit once and it was tipped out. I thought it was a little redundant. I would def recommend shortening some of the par 3s, not all but some.
Clue

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:16 am

Clue wrote:I've only played Credit once and it was tipped out. I thought it was a little redundant. I would def recommend shortening some of the par 3s, not all but some.

Probably not to max tipping levels, but yeah, I tend to agree. Its hard not to have that on a flat course without a ton of trees.

Credit is one of those courses that will take awhile to grow in and get the improvements done the city has talked about.

I think the "no mow" for OB will be a game changer here, and allows a little more flexibilty in pin position
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby alcstradamus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Chase20460 wrote:I think the "no mow" for OB will be a game changer here, and allows a little more flexibilty in pin position

I agree. In its current condition, Credit is barely a step above Eastern. With mostly long basket positions and no mow OB, it is easily a Blue level course and could even be a Gold level course depending on the width of the mowing.
alcstradamus

Postby discdude08 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 pm

As long as the construction is done at Middle, that would be the top substitute in the event of a flood, which I am paying attention to.

I am working with Bett parks to get a set time frame for middle. Obviously hey took longer than the two months promised. They are still confident that if the weather holds out (ground thaws) the project on the course side will be complete late feb early march so it should be available.

In addition with the current extreme drought in the Ole Miss flooding looks slim to none. Fingers crossed. They are almost to point of stopping barge traffic on the river bc its to low. positive for Credit.
Team Iron Lion 36134
discdude08

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:52 pm

I really liked credit. Personally I prefer balance vs pure distance. I'd love see a few of those obvious rollers be deuceable. Still can't believe someone thought a ball golf course in the middle of the Mississippi was a good idea, but the end result is fantastic.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby AO » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:51 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:you buzzed :D

8)
AO

Postby tufluk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Would adv grandmasters have to play long tees @ West lake?
tufluk

Postby Carter45145 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:28 pm

tufluk wrote:Would adv grandmasters have to play long tees @ West lake?
I think you guys are safe from that monster.
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:29 am

As of now..

Longs at WL:

All Open / Adv Men

There is still some debate about Adv Women, but everyone else will play shorts. I could see Open Grandmasters playing the shorts as well, but as of now that isnt the case, same goes for Open Women and Open Women Masters.

I was told more of the people listed above want C2 in shorter positiions than they are worried about West Lake longs. That makes little to no sense to me, but I dont play in those divisions.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby jess20460 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Adv women played the shorts last year and I'm pretty sure they were very happy with that decision.. I don't think there's any debate bout them, they should play the shorts..

It's the age protected pro women that is still up for debate I think..
jess20460

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:34 pm

At least somebody in the IL family knows the proper use of "OPEN" :lol:
GDL17921

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Kidding aside Chase, and I'm pretty sure we've debated this before - all longs doesn't always mean best course layout IMO. It might make you feel like you've presented the best challenge, but all in all, I think players want a good challenge on a well balanced course. I think C2 offers a lot of great combinations of layouts that I couldn't even begin to say what would be the best - I just haven't played there enough. But I'm sure Chris has it all figured out.

As far as longs tees/short teess at Westlake, I'd have ALL the amateur divisions except MA1 playing shorts - and the only divisions playing longs in Pro divisions should be MPO, FPO, and MPM. Any bitching from Doug Peyton, tell him to man up and play Masters. :lol:

The reason for my logic on the above statement in all seriousness is because you're planning on tee times, and you need to keep people moving, and you want the ams finishing up so they can create that gallery that Chris loves so much. :P

Just my opinion.....take it for what it's worth. I'll be there regardless this year. Book that shit.
GDL17921

Postby AO » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:38 pm

GDL17921 wrote: all longs doesn't always mean best course layout IMO. It might make you feel like you've presented the best challenge, but all in all, I think players want a good challenge on a well balanced course. I think C2 offers a lot of great combinations of layouts that I couldn't even begin to say what would be the best - I just haven't played there enough. But I'm sure Chris has it all figured out.

I agree. C2 doesn't need to be maxed out. IMO when it's maxed it just turns into who doesn't shoot the worst round. The chance for 2s give it balance rather than thread the needle over and over followed by a great up shots.
AO

Postby peyton » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:39 pm

It's an A-tier pro division. Play the pro course. It's not the GM or masters that cause a slow up in play. Jay if your arguement is that, why does any division besides the open get to play the top course layout? I have never played well at West Lake in the longs, doesn't mean I want to play a shorter course to feel good about my score.
peyton

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments