The Rumble. April 27-28 2013 PDGA A-TIER Quad Cities. VPO!

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby Steady 26542 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Credit in the longs is just stupid, as far as "old man golf" goes. But usually there is only one card of us old guys anyway so who gives a shit... :lol:
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 am

You're old?
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:47 am

Lou Siffer wrote:Any thoughts yet as to which layouts will be used at CII and Credit?

Id prefer to do longs mostly at both, but am going to talk it over with Sprague and MDR at some point. Probably longs at C2 and mixed longs and longers at Credit. :)
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks, Chase.

I'm only asking from a selfish standpoint, of course, so I know what to practice on.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Its my plan to talk to the mowers at Credit and ask them to widen some of the areas so that the "no mow" can be played as OB. If thats the case I dont think everything needs to be in the longest position. That being said, I think I may like to see 9 in the long, long.

As for Camden 2, its a tough call. I feel the course plays the best in the long positions, but some of those wont factor either way in the grand scheme of course par..so I guess some may not be in the longest position, but will still be longer. Or something like that.

Chase20460

Postby IHearChains » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Chase20460 wrote:Its my plan to talk to the mowers at Credit and ask them to widen some of the areas so that the "no mow" can be played as OB. If thats the case I dont think everything needs to be in the longest position.

Love the "no mow" as OB! Hopefully the yellow stuff will be in bloom to minimize any need for marking. I think the longest positions will play way different with the "no mow" OB. In the shorter positions the OB might not make as much of a difference.
IHearChains

Postby tufluk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Not trying to be a jinx, just saying: The Mighty Miss' has been known to be out of its banks occasionally. Might be prudent to watch the flood forecasts. Fortunately we have plenty of options in this area.
tufluk

Postby peyton » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm

Chase, will the mowers at Credit have even started in late April. With the lack of moisture and an extended winter, you may be lucky to have green grass. Don't let Steddom fool you, he loves the long pads. I also don't see the Mighty Miss flooding anytime soon.
peyton

Postby lennythrowsdiscraft » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:08 pm

IHearChains wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:Its my plan to talk to the mowers at Credit and ask them to widen some of the areas so that the "no mow" can be played as OB. If thats the case I dont think everything needs to be in the longest position.

Love the "no mow" as OB! Hopefully the yellow stuff will be in bloom to minimize any need for marking. I think the longest positions will play way different with the "no mow" OB. In the shorter positions the OB might not make as much of a difference.

Course looked amazing during this time!!! Had fairways cut like a golf course, if you were in yellow you were ob. Was awesome looking.
lennythrowsdiscraft

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Yeah, that was in later May though, when the course bloomed.

As we are holding 2 of the 3 rounds ( possibly ) in Davenport, Im going to be talking with them on a consistent basis. If they are mowing I dont think there will be any problem in them mowing a little more than usual. If they arent, Ill ask them to start early....see how that works out.

As long as the construction is done at Middle, that would be the top substitute in the event of a flood, which I am paying attention to. Camden 1 could be thrown in the mix because of logistics, but Id prefer quality and strength of course, so will see about Middle after changes. Could get soft.

Eastern also, as its similar to Credit, layout wise.

In a perfect world of massive attendace, or in the near future hopefully, all of them will be in the rotation based on division.

Chase20460

Postby schlabach » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Chase20460 wrote:In a perfect world of massive attendance, or in the near future hopefully, all of them will be in the rotation based on division.

That would be SICK!
schlabach

Postby Bugslayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

That would be awesome for us without the big arm! (or skill)
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby Detra319 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Mississippi is at the lowest levels in a really really long time and they have been flirting with closing the miss. south of St Louis already because it is at such low levels.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby Dag » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:54 am

NWS river forecasts through March 31st put the chances of Credit being flooded during that time period effectively at nil. Upper Mississippi watershed is suffering a snowpack deficit so I doubt this forecast will change much for April.
Dag

LONG TEES ... LONG PINS

Postby Harmon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Longs usually bring out the best course ... but I guess I have not even played Credit yet ... so I don't know ... might agree with Tanner after seeing the course ... :D
Last edited by Harmon on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where there is Love there is Hope (Widespread Panic)
Harmon

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments