Cedar Creek Open, PDGA A-tier , Aug 11-12

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Exactly one month until CCO. Get signed up today! Make sure you beat the deadline to get the tournament shirt included in your player pack! http://www.cedarcreekdiscgolf.com/CCOreg2.html
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby Like_Water » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:53 pm

If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:29 pm

Link error?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:58 pm

which link? they all work for me.
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 am

Only 16 days until the Cedar Creek Open!! Only two weeks left until online registration closes! And perhaps most importantly, the deadline for guaranteed tournament t-shirts in the players pack has passed. I have placed the order for shirts based on numbers and proportions from the preregistration this year and last year. From here on out its first come first serve until the shirts are gone. Here is a breakdown of what I have left as of tonight. Please register ASAP to get the shirt size you want while I still have them available.

XXL – 12
XL – 6
L – 30
M – 11
S - 2

Again, registration for the Cedar Creek Open can be found here: http://www.cedarcreekdiscgolf.com/CCOreg2.html
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:37 am

It’s a good thing we have two courses! Online registration topped 90 a couple days ago, and will continue to rise until registration closes on Wednesday, August 8th. There will likely be a number of walk-ups this morning of the tournament as well. Register online while we still have tournament t-shirts to include in your player pack. Don’t take your chances the morning of the event.

If you are on the fence about the Cedar Creek Open, let me give you a few highlights to let you know you won’t regret it…

1) $3000+ added cash in the open divisions
2) $3500+ added prizes in the amateur divisions
3) Free water on the courses all weekend
4) Player pack for all players (tshirt, disc, other goodies)
5) Advanced Champion wins Mach V basket AND regular funny money
6) Intermediate Champion wins Discatcher Traveller AND regular funny money
7) Two rounds of CTP prizes on every hole (Ams)
8) Two rounds of prizes for whoever wins the card (Ams)
9) Putting contest ($100 for open, Discatcher Traveller for Am)
10) Mini Putting contest ($100 for open, Mini Basket for Am)
11) Accuracy Competition ($100 for open, Discatcher Traveller for Am)
12) Other raffles and side competitions
13) Food available on site
14) Parked and J&J Disc Golf on site

Register online at http://www.cedarcreekdiscgolf.com/CCOreg2.html
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:35 pm

For anyone still thinking about checking out the Cedar Creek Open this year, registration is already over 140 and there are only two days left to preregister online. Please don’t wait if you can help it. Registering online will save you $10 and make the tournament run a little smoother. Register online at http://www.cedarcreekdiscgolf.com/CCOreg2.html

And for all of those who will be rolling into Fairmont on Friday to warm-up and check out the courses, I will be running some best-shot doubles on Cedar Creek East. Flex start from 3:00-7:00pm. For the tournament rounds on Cedar Creek East there will be two temp holes on Saturday and two different temp holes on Sunday. So that you guys can check out all the temp holes ahead of time, we will be playing a 20-hole layout for doubles. Three divisions: Open $40, Advanced $30, and Intermediate $20 (all prices are per team). Payouts for Open will be cash (obviously), payouts for Ams will be funny money for CCO plastic.
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby Chase20460 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 am

Good Luck AO!
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Buzzz Killington » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:03 am

WOW! What a good time. Good courses. Good cards I got to play on. Great payouts. Pro scores were sick! You guys worked really hard to make it as fun as possible for 155 players, which isn't easy. We had a little rain, and there weren't enough minis for the second round prize somehow, but all-in-all what a blast! Thank yous all around
Buzzz Killington

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:52 am

I think this was my 4th or 5th year in a row and this tournament NEVER dissapoints. Cant thank you enough Trevor for all the hard work you put into this. Sick Payouts, good people, fun courses. Cant ask for much more. Tanner played the best final 9 I have ever seen and almost ran down Cale! Already looking forward to next year.
discgolfduval

Postby Like_Water » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:33 pm

A BIG thanks and Job Well Done go out to Trevor and his crew of volunteers. Great tournament all around, as usual. Sorry about screwing up your plans for getting $1000 to second place :shock: :lol:

I was wondering before the tournament who we be the MN kid that would pop out of the wood work and show their game. Turns out there were two, Tom B and Mitch Privette played great all weekend. Looking forward to next year already!
Like_Water

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:29 pm

Yep. Not much to add to that except see you boys again next year
SARG27044

Postby Like_Water » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Congrats to all the Iowa golfers....we definitely represented.

Highlights:

Nohr with an ace
Lauber battles back from second to last to cash
Todd A wins INT
Doug Peyton has some more sweet Mark Martin stories
Like_Water

Postby Grimm » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Like_Water wrote:Nohr with an ace

That sounds made up.

Way to represent IA.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Buzzz Killington wrote:there weren't enough minis for the second round prize somehow

Yeah, sorry about that one! That was "poor" planning on my part. In years past I've rounded up 36 CTPs for two full rounds of a CTP on every hole, and I've gotten two sponsors to donate 18 items each to give to the card winners of the other two rounds. The problem this year is that after I had already worked with the sponsors to provide these items, we had an amazing surge of am registration. Instead of 18 cards of ams, we ended up with something like 24-27 depending on how many I put on each hole. I didn't feel right about going back to sponsors with my hands out again so we tried to make due. The winners of the card that were supposed to get Vibram discs got CCO discs when they ran out. The players that were supposed to get a Ty Dyed mini and towel just ended up getting the towel when the minis ran out.

I use quotes when I say "poor" planning because where else do you get a four round tournament with two rounds of CTPs on EVERY hole and two rounds where the winner of the card gets a prize (even if it lacked one piece). Hah. Still pretty awesome if you ask me.

But with all seriousness, I do feel bad about that. Regardless of how much fun people have, and how much stuff I'm able to give away, I always want everything to be perfect. This year was no exception. It was a ton of fun, people were very happy and very appreciative to me, and things ran great... BUT I still made some notes on things that I wasn't happy with and will continue to work on them.

I alway fear asking in a public forum for people to give me their thoughts on what could be improved because I don't want casual readers to JUST read the constructive criticism and overlook the positives, but over the last few years there have been so many good things said about this event that I think its probably safe... so, for all you Iowa guys, what can I do to help make the event even better for you? Changes you'd like to see? Things that could be improved? Things that you would just like to make sure I keep the same (that is, what are your favorite parts)?

No promises. Obviously you can't please everyone, and as our numbers approach 180 that becomes more and more evident. But I'd love your feedback.
cedarcreekdiscgolf

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments