Bowling Green

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Bowling Green

Postby TreeLoveInman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Making the trip down this year...Anyone else going...pretty sure nick snelling is going with me as well.
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby schlabach » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Brandon Timper and I might be going as well. Still trying to figure out details.
schlabach

Postby TreeLoveInman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:44 pm

schlabach wrote:Brandon Timper and I might be going as well. Still trying to figure out details.

I was getting ready to ask Brandon if he was going...Lemme know if you have room for another...Trying to get Snelling to go but wont commit yet. Im down for sure just don't want to drive and spend gas and hotel alone. Way to much that way.
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby discdude08 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:51 pm

not 100% on going just yet. but matt and i are right where you are. not wanting to pay out the A for gas and room. will fill you in when i make my final decision.
discdude08

Postby Detra319 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Trying to talk Dye into going with me, just dont know how it will work with school and everything. Plans changing daily :)
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby TreeLoveInman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:08 pm

discdude08 wrote:not 100% on going just yet. but matt and i are right where you are. not wanting to pay out the A for gas and room. will fill you in when i make my final decision.

Yea costs arn't bad if its split, Specially 3 ways...Only problem would be getting to the right courses down there but almost all of them are within 6-8 miles. Think you've been there already anyways, would be my first.
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby discdude08 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:44 pm

TreeLoveInman wrote:
discdude08 wrote:not 100% on going just yet. but matt and i are right where you are. not wanting to pay out the A for gas and room. will fill you in when i make my final decision.

Yea costs arn't bad if its split, Specially 3 ways...Only problem would be getting to the right courses down there but almost all of them are within 6-8 miles. Think you've been there already anyways, would be my first.

they will have you in a pool and it will be posted prior to the start of the tourney and it will have names of players so that you can arrange for rides and what not.
discdude08

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:47 am

Yeah, it's a Chucking haul down to Kentucky. Definately a fun experience if you've never been. But don't expect big payouts. Emporia is the new Bowling Green, j/s. Half the distance, better payouts for ams, better player packages, waaaay cooler trophies, better player party...Blowing Green is so 5 years ago. :lol: Hell, do both if you can.
GDL17921

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:30 am

I think every AM should make it down there once. I had fun. It wasnt that expensive for travel and room, if you have multiple people going together. Whats expensive is spending the night before at the strip club/bar, giving all your rent money to the one or two southern hotties, tipping the toothless bartender, then spending the first round hung over, trying to bang putts with glitter all over your face :lol: Good times
SARG27044

Postby treeMD » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:58 am

Glass blown is much closer for you des moines guys jay, but for us in the qc its only an hour closer.

I was not impressed with bowling green at all. When I went it was poorly run, and the courses were average at best. I agree with sarg though, every am should go once, just for the experience
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby discdude08 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 am

I was not impressed with bowling green at all. When I went it was poorly run, and the courses were average at best. I agree with sarg though, every am should go once, just for the experience[/quote]

We went the same year and I agree but I've heard that it has been getting a lot better. Honestly I would prefer to go to the Charlotte ams but BG fits into my schedule and I wouldn't mind playing the courses again now that my game is alot better. I will always give them a second chance to prove me wrong!

If you've never been then you've got to try it once and see for your self. It is a fun trip!
discdude08

Postby TreeLoveInman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:56 pm

discdude08 wrote:I was not impressed with bowling green at all. When I went it was poorly run, and the courses were average at best. I agree with sarg though, every am should go once, just for the experience

We went the same year and I agree but I've heard that it has been getting a lot better. Honestly I would prefer to go to the Charlotte ams but BG fits into my schedule and I wouldn't mind playing the courses again now that my game is alot better. I will always give them a second chance to prove me wrong!

If you've never been then you've got to try it once and see for your self. It is a fun trip![/quote]

Right on, yea my mind is pretty made up assuming im gonna get nick or another to go...Really wanna go down and the courses do look I cant say average from looking at discgolfcoursereview *hard to say with pictures. But they do look fun and looking forward to fun time
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby schlabach » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:45 pm

I have never played either Bowling Green or Glass Blown Open but plan on playing both . Cost isn't much of an issue for me, I just don't want to drive the who 8-9 hours myself. Although I sure won't turn down splitting costs if I can find people.
schlabach

Postby TreeLoveInman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:46 pm

schlabach wrote:I have never played either Bowling Green or Glass Blown Open but plan on playing both . Cost isn't much of an issue for me, I just don't want to drive the who 8-9 hours myself. Although I sure won't turn down splitting costs if I can find people.

Well like I said im 100% if you want to get together and go. Really wanna book hotel and everything kinda soon, dont wanna get stuck paying high prices..We'd just go 50 50 on everything gas hotel you know...Dunno what brandon has thought about it yet so a 3 way split would be even better. but 2 way is still pretty cheap
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby TreeLoveInman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:11 pm

TreeLoveInman wrote:
schlabach wrote:I have never played either Bowling Green or Glass Blown Open but plan on playing both . Cost isn't much of an issue for me, I just don't want to drive the who 8-9 hours myself. Although I sure won't turn down splitting costs if I can find people.

Well like I said im 100% if you want to get together and go. Really wanna book hotel and everything kinda soon, dont wanna get stuck paying high prices..We'd just go 50 50 on everything gas hotel you know...Dunno what brandon has thought about it yet so a 3 way split would be even better. but 2 way is still pretty cheap

Maybe about 50 50 now...Have to get my back looked at so after that we'll see.
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Next

Return to National Tournaments