2012 GBO

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby Like_Water » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:11 pm

I applaud Steve for sticking up for what he thinks is right. He's still untainted by years of DG rules drudgery. Having a valid argument and example to bring here to discuss seems like a good idea, until you run into Single L. Don't worry Steve, he's been extremely convincing and extremely wrong at the same time before.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby The Donator » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Like_Water wrote:I applaud Steve for sticking up for what he thinks is right.

I do as well. The man just wants some god damn answers, not opinions. It doesnt matter where the player in question finished, it was not legal.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Nohr » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:18 pm

(3) If competing in an applicable points series (see Section 2.2 B for specifics)
B. Players may be allowed to enter a ratings based division they would otherwise be ineligible to participate in as part of a points Series provided that
(1) The Series Director has contacted the PDGA prior and received approval from the PDGA Tour Manager.
(2) The Series allows players to stay in the division for the entire Series.
(3) The player has not competed in a higher division at any time during the Series.
(4) The player’s rating does not exceed 20 points above the rating ceiling for the division they wish to compete in.

Player could have been in the points series "Dirty Dozen Tour" (http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/dirtydozentour/) and GBO is listed as one of the events.
Nohr

Postby Detra319 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:04 pm

The Donator wrote:
Like_Water wrote:I applaud Steve for sticking up for what he thinks is right.

I do as well. The man just wants some god damn answers, not opinions. It doesnt matter where the player in question finished, it was not legal.

This.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby cgkdisc » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Here's the deal on this GBO Intermediate. I was at PDGA HQ today, brought your issue up with Andrew and we checked it out. The player had not been current for a few years until paying up at the GBO. He played four events last year (3 in MA2, 1 in MA1) but was never current. But he provided his PDGA number to TDs at those events. We track player ratings even when you're not current if you provide your PDGA number, although you can't see the updates online. Neither he nor the TD could see his rating until the scores were posted for GBO. Far as he knew, he still had an Intermediate rating.

While the PDGA tries to rectify these divisional slips, there's not yet an automated way to catch them other than TDs and players seeing the problem and reporting it. The earlier the better. Flagging potential baggers based on ratings in some manner during pre-reg is one of Ganz' IT items once the new site is up.
cgkdisc

Postby Discgo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:17 am

cgkdisc wrote:Here's the deal on this GBO Intermediate. I was at PDGA HQ today, brought your issue up with Andrew and we checked it out. The player had not been current for a few years until paying up at the GBO. He played four events last year (3 in MA2, 1 in MA1) but was never current. But he provided his PDGA number to TDs at those events. We track player ratings even when you're not current if you provide your PDGA number, although you can't see the updates online. Neither he nor the TD could see his rating until the scores were posted for GBO. Far as he knew, he still had an Intermediate rating.

While the PDGA tries to rectify these divisional slips, there's not yet an automated way to catch them other than TDs and players seeing the problem and reporting it. The earlier the better. Flagging potential baggers based on ratings in some manner during pre-reg is one of Ganz' IT items once the new site is up.
How should it be handled by the TD once it has been brought to their attention? Wasn't the part about the player being responsible for knowing his rating covered by a rule too?
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby Beerman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:39 am

cgkdisc wrote:Here's the deal on this GBO Intermediate. I was at PDGA HQ today, brought your issue up with Andrew and we checked it out. The player had not been current for a few years until paying up at the GBO. He played four events last year (3 in MA2, 1 in MA1) but was never current. But he provided his PDGA number to TDs at those events. We track player ratings even when you're not current if you provide your PDGA number, although you can't see the updates online. Neither he nor the TD could see his rating until the scores were posted for GBO. Far as he knew, he still had an Intermediate rating.

Doesn't the PDGA send a spreadsheet of all (regional) current and non current members. I have run events in the past and have received them. If the TD would have checked him in the file it would have shown his current rating even though he wasnt current. Problem would have never happened.
Beerman

Postby Like_Water » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Putting at GBO was super fun.

Ask this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6vjQ6H3 ... ata_player
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby crazykrug » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:41 am

Hey Steve, you made the PDGA page on this one:

http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthre ... ost1467092

I like how he says you were grumpy though :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:45 am

crazykrug wrote:Hey Steve, you made the PDGA page on this one:

http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthre ... ost1467092

I like how he says you were grumpy though :lol: :lol: :lol:
"asked in a rather grumpy way" lmfao
SARG27044

Postby Nohr » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 am

You also seemed grumpy during the 2011 skins match. :lol: :lol:
Nohr

Postby Discgo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:57 am

I wasn't grumpy when I brought it up to smitty. I was upset when he responded that the player shot mid 70's so it didn't matter. I then mentioned that there was a rule that says it does matter as I left. I was grumpy when I talked to him online prior to the event asking how tee times would be handled if storm delays happened. I was told to worry about my game and they would worry about that. Guess I am "that guy"
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby crazykrug » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:07 pm

that did strike me as odd when he said that about his score

and for the record, you weren't grumpy :wink:
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Previous

Return to National Tournaments