2nd Annual Camden Triples- Nov 6th 2011- Camden Park

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby lennythrowsdiscraft » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:17 am

I dont know.....I saw them all mess up whole 16 at cam1.....was pretty terrible....
lennythrowsdiscraft
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:45 pm

Postby Potter » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:18 am

lennythrowsdiscraft wrote:I dont know.....I saw them all mess up whole 16 at cam1.....was pretty terrible....

This is true! AND hole 8 i believe...keep that damn camera away from us bud :P That might have been the most fun i've had at a tourney
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
User avatar
Potter
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:08 am
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:00 pm

lennythrowsdiscraft wrote:I dont know.....I saw them all mess up whole 16 at cam1.....was pretty terrible....


if i was to make a case why any member of our team shouldn't play pro hole 16 would be the scene of the crime and lenny would be my key witness. you want the truth!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
User avatar
3x state champ runner up
 
Posts: 1623
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Clue » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Fausch and I were playing doubles there way back in the day (maybe '98?) and Fausch had a negative yardage drive on that hole, hitting the overhead branch and flying backwards over the tee. We didn't play doubles again for about 10 years.
Clue
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:58 pm

I think the first Camden doubles was May 2001. The course was installed in 2000.
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8554
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby lennythrowsdiscraft » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 am

Clue wrote:Fausch and I were playing doubles there way back in the day (maybe '98?) and Fausch had a negative yardage drive on that hole, hitting the overhead branch and flying backwards over the tee. We didn't play doubles again for about 10 years.



hahaha that sounds classic.
lennythrowsdiscraft
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:45 pm

Postby Clue » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:28 pm

GDL17921 wrote:I think the first Camden doubles was May 2001. The course was installed in 2000.

I assumed we were playing Adv, but might've been Pro. We were so bad we should've been playing Int. Either way, you are probably right Jay.
Clue
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Clue wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:I think the first Camden doubles was May 2001. The course was installed in 2000.

I assumed we were playing Adv, but might've been Pro. We were so bad we should've been playing Int. Either way, you are probably right Jay.


yep, my ex and I moved there in December 1999. At the time the only course options were Longview (12 holes) and a brand new course (Richmond Hill) in Geneseo, about 25 minutes down the road. Camden 1 went in that following year (late 2000 I want to say). I remember that first summer that I lived there we made a lot of trips up to Sterling to play what was at the time one of the better courses in the state of Illinois (and oldest I think).
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8554
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby Sprague » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Jon Latch and I played - they used hole 13 from C2 (sort of).
User avatar
Sprague
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:32 am
Location: ROCK ISLAND

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:17 am

Sprague wrote:Jon Latch and I played - they used hole 13 from C2 (sort of).


yep, I remember the temp hole loop over there Sprague....
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8554
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby HippieGolfWear » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:59 am

I think there was six temp holes over by the ball diamond.
www.hippiegolfwear.com check it out...
Tipsy fuddled boozy groggy elevated
Prime did edit her
User avatar
HippieGolfWear
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:59 am
Location: Quad Cities

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:06 am

HippieGolfWear wrote:I think there was six temp holes over by the ball diamond.


yep, (one) played down the hill across the street from 3, then (two) about a quarter way up the hill, tee off to up by the gazebo, then (three) the fire hydrant hole along the highway (up on the hill), then (four) the big downhiller that Sprague referenced (like hole 13 on C2), then (five) one that played from the flat at the bottom of the hill towards the road, kind of around the trees a little, then (six) the longish one back up the hill...
Last edited by GDL17921 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8554
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby HippieGolfWear » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:10 am

I think there was six temp holes over by the ball diamond.
www.hippiegolfwear.com check it out...
Tipsy fuddled boozy groggy elevated
Prime did edit her
User avatar
HippieGolfWear
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:59 am
Location: Quad Cities

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

I think Luke and I beat Open that year or the next, from advanced. I remember Ed Burde and his partner had 3 aces on Camden 1 in the 1st round.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby Grimm » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Chase20460 wrote:I think Luke and I beat Open that year or the next, from advanced. I remember Ed Burde and his partner had 3 aces on Camden 1 in the 1st round.


Baggers
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests