USDGC 2011

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby shane » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:34 pm

by no means can you call the guy a bagger they made the rules he followed them. theres a champ
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby Detra319 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:56 pm

shane wrote:by no means can you call the guy a bagger they made the rules he followed them. theres a champ

Instead call out the idiots who let in someone with 2 rated rounds all year. Should have had a minimum of 10 to get a real average. Its like some idiot first year stats student wrote the rules or something.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:56 pm

shane wrote:by no means can you call the guy a bagger they made the rules he followed them. theres a champ

=dont hate the player, hate the game
Skuse me, I speak jive..
Abe Froman

Postby The Donator » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Exactly. He was also one of the few to shoot near his "projected" score throughout all the rounds.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby tufluk » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:03 pm

jnecessary wrote:Way to finish Mike! Take away a couple holes and Ben is even closer to the top. I hope the trip was awesome either way, would love to play that course. To bad there is probably a sour taste in everyone's mouth watching that bagger walk away with a 15 shot win.

Sometimes it takes a disaster to make the system change.
tufluk

Postby Clue » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Outside of some flaws in the execution, there are a lot of things I love about the concept. First, it goes to show that there are disc golf experiences worth the price of admission without feeling like you have to have a chance to win something. To have a major that the *common man* is able to play side by side with some of the best players in the world is going to leave a lasting impression with quite a few people. I look forward to hearing about Steve's experience.

As far as the handicapping goes, I could argue that Ben was as big a bagger as there was there. Kid is easily as skilled as anyone in the game today and could shoot in the 50s there (14-15 better than his projection), and I think he'd be the 1st to tell you that. I don't think Mike is any less talented, however there's more empirical data on him that makes his handicap a little more accurate and more importantly, settled.

Anyway, I'd play this tournament no matter what the format and am grateful to have played it a couple times. I hope our Iowa boys had fun and gain something from the experience.
Clue

Postby jnecessary » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:14 am

So it isn't that guys fault, game not the player, etc...I would have to think that guy knew going in that the cards were stacked in his favor. Only two other people in the field had lower ratings. Guess you can't blame him for taking advantage of the situation laid out in front of him. Did they pay in cash or was there a payout?
jnecessary

Postby Like_Water » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:42 am

I agree 100%.

It's clowns in charge that are Chucking up the game.

John Key just lived the dream. Congrats!
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Discgo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:06 am

jnecessary wrote: Did they pay in cash or was there a payout?
he received a painted picture of hole 17 for his trophy. No payout at all. In fact I think they kept the ace fund too.
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby The Donator » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:16 am

That sucks...what was up with the "Par-2's?" I mean, really? :roll:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby tufluk » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Maybe we could do it in the NFL. It really sucks when the best team wins. Losers are people too.
Let's really have fun. USDGC the olympics. I hate it when Michael Phelps wins the medley. Handicap my old ass, so when I swim the 110 meters in 12 minutes, I get the gold. Who cares if the guy who finished 1st did it in 30 seconds.
Isn't that what "classes" are for? Open, advanced, masters, etc.
Let's just give EVERYBODY a f'n gold medal and we can ALL be the champ! :roll:
Fake self-esteem run amok.
Why not just reverse the scores. Last would be first. First, last. A scoring system using Orwell's newspeak.
Or, best of all let's have a USDGC where they don't keep ANY SCORE AT ALL! We could draw for the championship and hand it out like a door prize. Let's keep raw talent and accquired skill completely out of it. If you think about it, it's really not fair that some have honed their natural gifts.
tufluk

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Discgo wrote:
jnecessary wrote: Did they pay in cash or was there a payout?
he received a painted picture of hole 17 for his trophy. No payout at all. In fact I think they kept the ace fund too.

no jelly of the month club, or carwash tokens?
Abe Froman

Postby Like_Water » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:33 am

Atta boy Gene! You get it.

Steve, can you give us a report on your trip? I need to hear some positive things about this!
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 am

nice 1984 ref. best.post.on.this.topic tufluk

Oh, and by the way, Key wasn't the only one that played the system. Ask Steve how many sanctioned events he played after he qualified and why. :roll:
GDL17921

Postby Discgo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:21 am

GDL17921 wrote:nice 1984 ref. best.post.on.this.topic tufluk

Oh, and by the way, Key wasn't the only one that played the system. Ask Steve how many sanctioned events he played after he qualified and why. :roll:
That was my original plan. I changed my mind and continued playing sanctioned events, I just couldn't afford to play many as I was saving up for an unplanned vacation.
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments