Pabst Blue Ribbon Pines Open

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:25 am

Ummm....I pick up my firebird, hold the bottom of the disc torwards me and throw it like a baseball.
SARG27044

Postby Single L » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:26 am

SARG27044 wrote:
yevenstee wrote:
porkchop wrote:
yevenstee wrote:If none of you have played the Majestic layout which it has stayed in this year, then you may think differently.

I pretty sure we are all arguing the Majestic Layout as its the only time most of us have played it ........ and yes I think the majestic layout is overrated :wink:

So you're saying that you killed it at the Majestic and you were in 1st place at the end of the day?
:lol: No that was this guy :wink: Way to blow up there rest of the days tho :oops: Your opinion is kinda funny now tho Single L...After you had the owners cack drool all over your chin the first couple time we played it :lol: . But Im not gonna argue anybodys likes and dislikes on courses. To each their own. Im not a huge fan of Atlantic but a lot of people get hard-ons over it.

Nope I wasn't in the lead ...... but you don't have to shred a course to like or dislike it. And yes I gave the owner mad props, he deserves them for putting a course on his land and for investing so much time and resources on it.

I will digress ...... even though I think its an overrated design I still think its a very fun course. Mix the aesthetics with the fun factor and this is why its still one of my 5 favorites. Now if we were going on the 5 top rated courses it wouldn't be there IMO ....... slight redesign and now you've got something.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:34 am

Pittman wrote:How the hell do you throw thumber on three?

Hole 1, Stalker hyzer or Buzzz straight
Hole 2, Buzzz straight/turnover
Hole 3, Classic roc turnover
Hole 4, Buzzz straight
Hole 5, Buzzz straight/turnover then forehand upshot
Hole 6, Buzzz straight then beat up pred or surge for the second shot
Hole 7, beat up pred or surge (same as upshot on last hole)
Hole 8, Classic roc straight (there is a nice forehand roller though)
Hole 9, Classic roc stupid high turnover
Hole 10, Buzzz straight then buzzz or stalker upshot
Hole 11, beat up pred or surge (same as hole 6/7)
Hole 12, Classic roc turnover
Hole 13, Stalker turnover
Hole 14, Pred hyzer
Hole 15, Buzzz straight/turnover
Hole 16, Buzzz straight/turnover
Hole 17, Buzzz straight/turnover then buzzz stalker or forehand on approach
Hole 18, Long drive what ever you want to throw then upshot.
Hole 19, Zone hyzer (maybe buzzz?)
Hole 20, Stalker turnover
Hole 21, Classic roc turnover
Hole 22, Zone/pred hyzer
Hole 23, Zone hyzer
Hole 24, Pred hyzer
Hole 25, Buzzz straight
Hole 26, Zone/buzzz hyzer and upshot
Hole 27, Beat up pred hyzer

Now, I don't throw thumber and I have been working on the forehand a bit, but it's still very much the same throws over and over again. As clue pointed out, lots of <300 foot straight or slight turnover buzzzes. >300 lots of straight then hyzer or pure hyzer.
Oh I get it now. You're playing the course wrong. Cuz the two guys saying you throw the same shot on all the holes, got a beating put on em by a hack amatuer in '09 :wink:
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:34 am

Yeah youre right Pittman, this course sucks, soooo boring, same shots over and over and over and over....lol whatever, whats are some of your favorite courses?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Single L » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:37 am

Holes 11-16 and 21-25 might be the two worst stretches of holes in all of disc golf. Not that all these holes are bad, some are good (11 and 25 come to mind) but the sequence and flow of these grouped together is atrocious.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:42 am

The Donator wrote:....lol whatever, whats are some of your favorite courses?

Again being your favorite is different than top rated / world class course.

Walnut is one of my favorites ...... does that make it Top Rated? No ..... It's got flow issues and is waaaaaay to lefty friendly (I like the anhyzer hence the reason I like it).
Single L

Postby yevenstee » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:42 am

porkchop wrote:Holes 11-16 and 21-25 might be the two worst stretches of holes in all of disc golf. Not that all these holes are bad, some are good (11 and 25 come to mind) but the sequence and flow of these grouped together is atrocious.

Funny you say that, I believe that's where a few of the changes are. I can tell you off the top of my head that 21-25 there are some changes.
yevenstee

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:46 am

porkchop wrote:Holes 11-16 and 21-25 might be the two worst stretches of holes in all of disc golf. Not that all these holes are bad, some are good (11 and 25 come to mind) but the sequence and flow of these grouped together is atrocious.
Agreed. There are a few holes in those stretches that are not my favorites thats for sure. I do like a couple of them tho. Im just trying to picture them in my head.... They only hole I hate (cant remember the number) but its prolly just under 300. You have a very small line to hit down the middle (somehow I got it in the tourny. SSSSSSS.SSS) But the line is a spike hyzer over the right side, ive just never had luck throwing that route. Its right after that little dinker where you throw a putter anny....
SARG27044

Postby yevenstee » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:48 am

SARG27044 wrote:
Agreed. There are a few holes in those stretches that are not my favorites thats for sure. I do like a couple of them tho. Im just trying to picture them in my head.... They only hole I hate (cant remember the number) but its prolly just under 300. You have a very small line to hit down the middle (somehow I got it in the tourny. SSSSSSS.SSS) But the line is a spike hyzer over the right side, ive just never had luck throwing that route. Its right after that little dinker where you throw a putter anny....

That one's gone.
yevenstee

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:51 am

yevenstee wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:

That one's gone.
Then my hard-on is back :lol:
SARG27044

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:55 am

The only boring hole for me is 18...and thats just because I dont throw far enough to clear the creek
SARG27044

Postby Pittman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:02 am

The Donator wrote:Yeah youre right Pittman, this course sucks, soooo boring, same shots over and over and over and over....lol whatever, whats are some of your favorite courses?

It is the same shot over and over again. Play the course more then once. I never said it sucks. (reading comprehension a little please) I said the course was fairly boring. It does have some good holes. It's just not one I would go out of my way to play every day.

My favorites? Lets see...
Pickard, Water works, Blue valley? the long one in KC, There's one in indiana that I played along time ago can't remember the name. Tuthill in SD is fun also. In MN I like Highland and Bryant. Throw Newton and Walnut in there also. Highbridge is up there too even though I've only played it once. Sinissippi was a good course.

I would like to throw some QC courses in there also, but unfortunately I haven't really played any of them other then geneso a long time ago.
Pittman

Postby Single L » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:04 am

I think as an 18 hole course it could be pimp

- Combo 2 and 3 reworking the area
- Rework 7 using the land from 7 and 8
- Remove 10
- Move 12 tee to the old location and play to 13 basket rework the area
- Tweak 14
- Rework 15 and 16 into one hole
- Remove 18 and 19 (Move 18 pimp tee to 20 ..... good luck with that)
- Blow up 21-24 and make into 2 holes one in the woods and one coming out to finish near 25 tee
Single L

Postby cgkdisc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:06 am

In MN I like Highland and Bryant.

I hope you mean Hyland SSA? Highland is the short 9-holer in St. Paul. Check out the revamped The Valley when you get the chance.

The only boring hole for me is 18...and thats just because I dont throw far enough to clear the creek

Are you thinking 27? That's pretty much a long creek crossing.
cgkdisc

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:08 am

So BRP is boring, but Blue Valley is one of your Favs? IMO that course is one of the most boring, redundant ones out there. And Im not alone there. Bomb, bomb, putt(shit!! putt again :lol: )...Repeat 17 more times
SARG27044

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments