Pabst Blue Ribbon Pines Open

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby IHearChains » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:33 pm

porkchop wrote:I was like most and got blurred vision by the aesthetic wow factor

Clue wrote:I enjoy the course. I just think it's incredibly overrated.

We should have more courses like this. Pay to Play is the way to go. [/sarcasm]
IHearChains

Postby cgkdisc » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Peninsula is a public course with terrain that seems like BRP with not as many pine trees. But you can see the significant difference private care makes (plus no flood damage).
cgkdisc

Postby IHearChains » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:00 am

cgkdisc wrote:Peninsula is a public course with terrain that seems like BRP with not as many pine trees. But you can see the significant difference private care makes (plus no flood damage).

If that difference is just aesthetic wow factor, I'd prefer substance.
IHearChains

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:01 am

IHearChains wrote:
porkchop wrote:I was like most and got blurred vision by the aesthetic wow factor

Your sarscam is not needed. We all get it, you dont want pay to play. You obviously have not played this course. After seeing it even you would love to have a course like this to play whenever you would like. There is no trash, no vandalism, and the landscaping is incredible. No there isnt elevation change, and some people may find it boring...But I guess since its P2P, it should be perfect in every aspect and cater to everyones needs :roll:
SARG27044

Postby Pittman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:20 am

I never said BRP was total failure. I just said is fairly boring. I like playing it every now and then. I think my point was backed up fairly well. Thank you guys.

As for the stewie comment... It's not perfect, but it has variety. You could try and throw hyzer on every hole. What's nice about stewie is you have OPTIONS on holes. You can throw hyzer, anny, forehad, etc. At BRP there is very few options. Most holes are designed for one type of throw.
Pittman

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:36 am

Clue wrote:
The Donator wrote:You just said something completely different than Pittman tho. Name two holes that are similiar, much less "over and over."

1,2,3 are the exact same
Funny how I throw 3 different discs, 3 different ways on these holes. Ill agree that there is a lot of the same "type" of holes on the course, however this statement is just wrong.
SARG27044

Postby Pittman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:39 am

SARG27044 wrote:
Clue wrote:
The Donator wrote:You just said something completely different than Pittman tho. Name two holes that are similiar, much less "over and over."

1,2,3 are the exact same
Funny how I throw 3 different discs, 3 different ways on these holes. Ill agree that there is a lot of the same "type" of holes on the course, however this statement is just wrong.

Hole 1 is about the only hole on the course where you can do just about anything you want. So I'll agree there.

Holes 2 and 3 really are the same shot. Midrange anny. You could throw flick or different discs, but it's the same shape.

On hole 2 you can take the hyzer route, but it's much tighter. And we know you like them "untight" tyler.
Pittman

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:58 am

I go Destroyer hyzer on 1, breeze or buzz anny on 2 depending on the wind. And thumber on 3- oh I ve never been farther than 10 ft away on 3...learn to throw a thumber :wink: I do agree that the holes are similar in some cases. But there are no holes that you have to throw the same disc, on the same line, the same speed as the previous. Im going thru the first 9 plus holes in my head, and I dont throw any shots that I did on the previous holes... Say something else :wink:
SARG27044

Postby yevenstee » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:59 am

Pittman wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:
Clue wrote:

1,2,3 are the exact same

Hole 1 is about the only hole on the course where you can do just about anything you want. So I'll agree there.

Holes 2 and 3 really are the same shot. Midrange anny. You could throw flick or different discs, but it's the same shape.

On hole 2 you can take the hyzer route, but it's much tighter. And we know you like them "untight" tyler.

I'm going out there on Sunday for the B tier. Apparently they've taken out a couple of holes and lengthened a few so I'll have to get back to you guys on the changes. BRP has come a long way since it's inception and is always changing. If none of you have played the Majestic layout which it has stayed in this year, then you may think differently.
yevenstee

Postby Single L » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:03 am

IHearChains wrote:

The course design is what makes it overrated; it has nothing to do with pay to play. I've played both P2P and muni's that are pure shit and some that are outstanding on a design front. Design has nothing to do with P2P. P2P has everything to do with amenities, maintenance, cleanliness, and helmet control .......... BRP does this to a T.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby yevenstee » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:04 am

porkchop wrote:
IHearChains wrote:

The course design is what makes it overrated; it has nothing to do with pay to play. I've played both P2P and muni's that are pure shit and some that are outstanding on a design front. Design has nothing to do with P2P. P2P has everything to do with amenities, maintenance, cleanliness, and helmet control .......... BRP does this to a T.

And I can't think of one course that has a beer hut in the middle of the with cute girls selling beer.
yevenstee

Postby Single L » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:05 am

yevenstee wrote:If none of you have played the Majestic layout which it has stayed in this year, then you may think differently.

I pretty sure we are all arguing the Majestic Layout as its the only time most of us have played it ........ and yes I think the majestic layout is overrated :wink:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby yevenstee » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:07 am

porkchop wrote:
yevenstee wrote:If none of you have played the Majestic layout which it has stayed in this year, then you may think differently.

I pretty sure we are all arguing the Majestic Layout as its the only time most of us have played it ........ and yes I think the majestic layout is overrated :wink:

So you're saying that you killed it at the Majestic and you were in 1st place at the end of the day?
yevenstee

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:15 am

yevenstee wrote:
porkchop wrote:

So you're saying that you killed it at the Majestic and you were in 1st place at the end of the day?
:lol: No that was this guy :wink: Way to blow up there rest of the days tho :oops: Your opinion is kinda funny now tho Single L...After you had the owners cack drool all over your chin the first couple time we played it :lol: . But Im not gonna argue anybodys likes and dislikes on courses. To each their own. Im not a huge fan of Atlantic but a lot of people get hard-ons over it.
SARG27044

Postby Pittman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:16 am

How the hell do you throw thumber on three?

Hole 1, Stalker hyzer or Buzzz straight
Hole 2, Buzzz straight/turnover
Hole 3, Classic roc turnover
Hole 4, Buzzz straight
Hole 5, Buzzz straight/turnover then forehand upshot
Hole 6, Buzzz straight then beat up pred or surge for the second shot
Hole 7, beat up pred or surge (same as upshot on last hole)
Hole 8, Classic roc straight (there is a nice forehand roller though)
Hole 9, Classic roc stupid high turnover
Hole 10, Buzzz straight then buzzz or stalker upshot
Hole 11, beat up pred or surge (same as hole 6/7)
Hole 12, Classic roc turnover
Hole 13, Stalker turnover
Hole 14, Pred hyzer
Hole 15, Buzzz straight/turnover
Hole 16, Buzzz straight/turnover
Hole 17, Buzzz straight/turnover then buzzz stalker or forehand on approach
Hole 18, Long drive what ever you want to throw then upshot.
Hole 19, Zone hyzer (maybe buzzz?)
Hole 20, Stalker turnover
Hole 21, Classic roc turnover
Hole 22, Zone/pred hyzer
Hole 23, Zone hyzer
Hole 24, Pred hyzer
Hole 25, Buzzz straight
Hole 26, Zone/buzzz hyzer and upshot
Hole 27, Beat up pred hyzer

Now, I don't throw thumber and I have been working on the forehand a bit, but it's still very much the same throws over and over again. As clue pointed out, lots of <300 foot straight or slight turnover buzzzes. >300 lots of straight then hyzer or pure hyzer.
Pittman

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments