Pabst Blue Ribbon Pines Open

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby yevenstee » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:14 pm

cgkdisc wrote:
If he (Mr. Jordan) isn't planning on using hole 18 year round why the hell did he spend so much money and time on the tee area?? Seems like a waste of resources to me.

Photo ops?

I missed the Majestic and haven't played BRP since then so maybe those holes have still been in play since June. I played a 27 layout in a spring event and those two holes weren't in the layout. But the field was soggy and that may have been a reason they were skipped. Yee?

From what I've been told, the Majestic layout is now permanent. There was a lot of complaining last year that the Majestic layout was too tough which is why hole 18 was not in use but I'm pretty sure that it is now the permanent layout and now there are some changes to a few more holes, taking out some of the shorter ones, and combining them.
yevenstee

Postby Clue » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Like Pittman said, let's keep it in perspective. I very much enjoy playing this course. All of the equipment is fine and there are 3-4 very unique features that are great! I think it's well worth the nominal fee. I just don't think it's the greatest course in the world like some people do. It has a lot of flaws. And again, some of the flaws were actually by design to cater to what they believed was best for their clientele. In other words it was dummied down.

There are a lot of little things that are sort of design no-no's. None of them are a huge deal and 95% of the players aren't even going to notice them. Tees are a little close to baskets. There are some dangerous crossing areas. There's a little redundancy. Pittman pointed out something I totally forgot, there aren't many options. The only decision making on the course is how hard to go at something. There aren't many options off the tee. Here's your gap, hit it. That doesn't mean there aren't any. That doesn't mean all the tees and greens are too close. It's just a few little things that keep it from being a much better course.
Clue

Postby Clue » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Blue Valley is simply the tale of 2 nines. I think the front nine is awesome and the back nine is just long. If only we could mix the front nine of Cliff with the front nine at BV, then we'd have a course.
Clue

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:39 am

Clue wrote: If only we could mix the front nine of Cliff with the front nine at BV, then we'd have a course.

I'd agree with that...that would be a sweet course indeed.
GDL17921

Previous

Return to National Tournaments