Pabst Blue Ribbon Pines Open

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Pabst Blue Ribbon Pines Open

Postby The Donator » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:13 am

http://blueribbonpines.net/pabst-blue-ribbon-pines-open-b-tier-oct-17th-2010/

How did we miss this? Too bad its the same weekend as HWY 69 dubs.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Re: Pabst Blue Ribbon Pines Open

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:09 am

The Donator wrote:[url] Too bad its the same weekend as HWY 69 dubs.
NOOOOOOO!
SARG27044

Postby Single L » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:18 am

Pretty sure that's not a tough decision
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:26 am

Not tough, just would like to play both
SARG27044

Postby Single L » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:28 am

SARG27044 wrote:Not tough, just would like to play both

I see ....... well good luck in East Bethel this weekend :D
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Clue » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:38 pm

I saw this awhile ago and wanted to play as well, but I didn't post it because I didn't want to lose Sarg's sponsorship this weekend.
Clue

Postby Pittman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Clue wrote:I saw this awhile ago and wanted to play as well, but I didn't post it because I didn't want to lose Sarg's sponsorship this weekend.

That and BRP is fairly boring IMO. It's not bad, it just really feels like you are playing the same hole over and over again.
Pittman

Postby discgolfduval » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Pittman wrote:
Clue wrote:I saw this awhile ago and wanted to play as well, but I didn't post it because I didn't want to lose Sarg's sponsorship this weekend.

That and BRP is fairly boring IMO. It's not bad, it just really feels like you are playing the same hole over and over again.

I realize you're saying this for effect but you should really have your posting privileges revoked for typing stuff like this. :roll: :?
discgolfduval

Postby juju » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Pittman wrote:That and BRP is fairly boring IMO. It's not bad, it just really feels like you are playing the same hole over and over again.

Sounds like you are describing Stewartville...
juju

Postby The Donator » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Pittman wrote:

You might have just trumped all of ghstinshll's posts put together for worst post ever with this.
The Donator

Postby Single L » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:19 pm

The Donator wrote:
Pittman wrote:

You might have just trumped all of ghstinshll's posts put together for worst post ever with this.

Pitt does have a point (it took me awhile to jump on the bandwagon with him and clue) but for every dope hole at BRP there is an equally simple and boring one. I was like most and got blurred vision by the aesthetic wow factor ........ don't fret it goes away over time and you will see the course more clearly.
Single L

Postby The Donator » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:25 pm

porkchop wrote:
The Donator wrote:
Pittman wrote:

Pitt does have a point (it took me awhile to jump on the bandwagon with him and clue) but for every dope hole at BRP there is an equally simple and boring one. I was like most and got blurred vision by the aesthetic wow factor ........ don't fret it goes away over time and you will see the course more clearly.

You just said something completely different than Pittman tho. Name two holes that are similiar, much less "over and over."
The Donator

Postby cgkdisc » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:58 pm

I think the first 18-hole version of BRP had a lot of sameness to the holes since most were par 3s in the woods. The current 27-hole layout has been a solid improvement with more par 4s for variety. One thing that might make it seem like some wooded holes are the same is the lack of elevation there. That "sameness" feeling can occur on other wooded courses where little elevation is available. Turn left, turn right, go straight, repeat.

A recent reviewer on DGCR felt that the sod holes like 15, 16, 24, 27 & 1 (not sure on some numbers) felt similar which I could see. I think turning a few of those into combo par 4s with one leg in the open and one leg in the woods or vice versa could improve that issue. Not really a bona fide par 5 there either which you might expect in a 27-hole private course with that rating.
Last edited by cgkdisc on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cgkdisc

Postby Clue » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:59 pm

The Donator wrote:You just said something completely different than Pittman tho. Name two holes that are similiar, much less "over and over."

1,2,3 are the exact same with the exception of 1 being any shape you want. 12,15,16 are the exact same (and pretty much the same as 1,2,3. All the open field shots are 350 hyzers, 13,14,19,24,27.

The par 4s are all good IMO, and instead of 22 mediocre par 3s I thought there should've been more par 4s and a couple par 5s. But every shot under 300ft is a turnover, and every shot over 300ft is a hyzer. Out of 22 holes there are only 2 exceptions to that.
Clue

Postby Clue » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:01 pm

I enjoy the course. I just think it's incredibly overrated. Like J&B, it's not that it's horrible, it just could be so much better.
Clue

Next

Return to National Tournaments