USDGC Moving to Every Other Year

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby The Donator » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:19 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
The Donator wrote:Do you remember who won either of those tournies last year? Im sure you know who won Pro Worlds/USDGC
Why does it matter WHO won them? But yes I know who won both, whenever you get done. I think it would be pretty badass to have a world title under my belt, or an AM championship like Steve-o. Some people arent good enough to play Open, and play am for their life. And these are great ways to see how you stack up against ALOT of players around your skill level. I seem to remember you bragging about winning a few B and A-tiers in ADV when we were talking about who was to be on the DM team earlier this year...How do they mean shit?

Youre kind of comparing apples to oranges here. I was referencing my past wins in due to experience for a spot on the team, and nothing else. We could start a whole thread on that and we arent going to And i get shit everytime i call BG an am-scam shit tourney and i feel bad because Whitson won it. I get what your saying though about the am-lifers, but those players can always improve if they want. You either have the game, or you dont. If you do (like we all do) you can quit your day job and practice 24/7 like Nikko and be the best or one of the best in the world. Most of us that post here are not able to do that. I guess what im saying is is that Am Worlds, Am Nats, BG and such are a waste of time. Actually im sitting here at work and my mind is boggled so if this post made no sense then flame away
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:32 pm

I get ya. But just like you said, we all cant go out and practice 24/7. For some people, no matter how much they practice, they wont improve much. That is why these tournies are great. It gives the little guy a chance to have some bragging rights.

P.S. I just really like to argue with you... :lol:
SARG27044

Postby bman12449 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Any tournament that requires me to pay a non-member fee, and then take that money to be used on god knows what sounds like a scam to me. This tournament might be ruined for the pro's forever. Imo true pros kill themselves to qualify for this yearly, the same cant be said for worlds. Usdgc was the event we all strive to get to. I dont know if that will be the case anymore.
I have inside jokes with strangers.
Most interesting man in the world.
bman12449

Postby Clue » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:55 am

bman12449 wrote:Any tournament that requires me to pay a non-member fee, and then take that money to be used on god knows what sounds like a scam to me.

It's your insurance policy. If you broke your leg and it required multiple surgeries and rehab, I think you'd find that $10 to be a pretty good deal.
Clue

Postby The Donator » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:36 am

Clue wrote:
bman12449 wrote:Any tournament that requires me to pay a non-member fee, and then take that money to be used on god knows what sounds like a scam to me.

It's your insurance policy. If you broke your leg and it required multiple surgeries and rehab, I think you'd find that $10 to be a pretty good deal.

And how many times has this happened in the history of disc golf tournaments? Im kidding but i know stuff happens, the only thing that comes to mind right now is when MDR broke out that back guys window on like hole 13 at Osky like 5 years back.
The Donator

Postby Clue » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:13 pm

The Donator wrote:And how many times has this happened in the history of disc golf tournaments? Im kidding but i know stuff happens, the only thing that comes to mind right now is when MDR broke out that back guys window on like hole 13 at Osky like 5 years back.

There were 2 more incidents at one tournament earlier this year, another car window and our hero, MDR, blew up the side of a house. I never saw the damage, but I heard it and he said it was pretty bad.
Clue

Postby irban » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Clue wrote:

Yeah, just like the rip off life insurance policies they used to sell in airports for a buck or something. I hope that whole 10 doesn't go to insurance because that would be a scam. 10 hour event, 100 reasonably healthy people walking around a park can't underwrite out to more than $100 plus a little for admin.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby The Donator » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:43 pm

irban wrote:
Clue wrote:

Yeah, just like the rip off life insurance policies they used to sell in airports for a buck or something. I hope that whole 10 doesn't go to insurance because that would be a scam. 10 hour event, 100 reasonably healthy people walking around a park can't underwrite out to more than $100 plus a little for admin.

Lol i never knew about this - "In the event of a 30,000 foot, fiery, blazing crash in which there is a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of surviving, you may pay one dollar for and medical damages you may incur in the chance of surviving. So, how bout it?"
The Donator

Postby Dana » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:43 am

Wow- All OB shots are played from previous lie
Dana

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:47 am

Dana wrote:Wow- All OB shots are played from previous lie

is that one of this year's rule stips? With no penalty stroke though, right? Didn't they do that a few years back? BUNCR? Maybe that was only on certain holes though. All this year, eh?
GDL17921

Postby cgkdisc » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:49 am

Wow- All OB shots are played from previous lie

It's now "buncr + 1" on every hole with OB except the drive on 12 from what it sounds like.
cgkdisc

Postby Dana » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 am

What are your thoughts on the change, Chuck?
Dana

Postby cgkdisc » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:37 am

I haven't talked with Harold to find out why the change. Note that the buncr rule hasn't really been eliminated but extended to more holes but with an additional shot penalty for landing OB. So players will be throwing exactly the same rethrows they would have been throwing with the buncr rule but paying a higher price and doing it on more holes. I think it's going to "wimpify" players' shot choices compared with buncrs because the penalty is now so severe for missing but I guess we'll see.

I don't get why a 2-throw penalty is warranted for going off the fairway unless you throw completely off the course property. When playing tight wooded holes, the penalty is usually no more than one shot for throwing off the fairway and sometimes you have the chance to recover with a great shot when only slightly off the fairway and maybe not lose a shot at all.
cgkdisc

Postby Single L » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:06 am

"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Clue » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:31 pm

It appears the biggest change is hole 14.
Clue

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments