2010 Worlds

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:32 am

grodney wrote:It's frisbee golf, not wheel golf.


I don't think I have the power/brains to take this argument seriously.
I get the same argument over thumbers. People say it isnt a golf shot...Well the disc is flying in the air...just not in the same flight pattern.
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6720
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:36 am

haha, I love it when people try to invalidate shots because they can't throw them. :lol:

This is the beauty of this sport, and what seperates it from ball golf, every player can be creative with all sorts of different types of shots. There's nothing better than seeing a new shot or line that you've not considered on a hole, and even better, showing a new player new shots and lines. You can almost see their "wheels" spinning when this phenomenon happens. :lol:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby grodney » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:48 am

Thumbers, rollers, and lefties are all cheating.

I actually have a funny story that is somewhat related: I was watching USDGC a few years ago, and on #17, a 1000-rated player was throwing some sidearm thumber hack. What a joke. If you're rated 1000 and can't get in the hay bales with a backhand, you suck. Okay, funny to me.

Anyway, whatever. I don't have problem with roller being an option. But if it's the best option for the vast majority of players, then that's dumb.

And GDL, this has nothing to do with personal skill(s) or lake thereof. Keep it up and I will cut you.
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:55 am

careful bud, I pake a mean punch. :lol:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:58 am

grodney wrote:Thumbers, rollers, and lefties are all cheating.

I actually have a funny story that is somewhat related: I was watching USDGC a few years ago, and on #17, a 1000-rated player was throwing some sidearm thumber hack. What a joke. If you're rated 1000 and can't get in the hay bales with a backhand, you suck. Okay, funny to me.

Anyway, whatever. I don't have problem with roller being an option. But if it's the best option for the vast majority of players, then that's dumb.

And GDL, this has nothing to do with personal skill(s) or lake thereof. Keep it up and I will cut you.
Thumbers are the most consitent shot in the bag for me. They do they exact same thing every time(unless I throw it to the ground or straight up in the air). Why would I do something else Im not comfortable with? The thing is deadly from 200-300 ft
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6720
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby grodney » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 am

I blame your playing friends for not shaming you into throwing right.
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:07 am

grodney wrote:I blame your playing friends for not shaming you into throwing right.
oh they shame me...but im the one getting that duece on a hole that they have no idea how to throw it :lol: it takes alot of risk out of certain holes on certain courses. Helps me avoid the schule a lot out at Big Creek for instance
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6720
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby AO » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:53 pm

I saw Josh throw 7 rollers. 6 rhbh and 1 rhfh-on #12. I don't mind throwing rollers i just dont have a 10 year old CE 1st time Leopard in the bag that is flippy enough for 240-270 ft shots. I would have just like to have had more options rather than old school plinko disc golf and or rollers as the only option. What was also ironic for many of those roller holes was how many guys threw over the top with thumbers. IMO was the best shot on the red courses but I don't have that good of a thumber and I didn't want to mess up my arm/right side of my body...lol.
AO
 
Posts: 4296
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Postby GaW27166 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:10 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
grodney wrote:I blame your playing friends for not shaming you into throwing right.
oh they shame me...but im the one getting that duece on a hole that they have no idea how to throw it :lol: it takes alot of risk out of certain holes on certain courses. Helps me avoid the schule a lot out at Big Creek for instance


No idea why you are arguing about a thumber. The only ones who bitch about it cant throw it. Get used to it. There are alot of haters out there.

Thats like saying a SW or LW is cheating in golf.
User avatar
GaW27166
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:49 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA

Postby z-man » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:57 pm

GDL5000 wrote:careful bud, I pake a mean punch. :lol:

Is that like baking with a p??
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
User avatar
z-man
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Anywhere and everywhere

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:59 pm

read the post above mine, sheesh you guys are denser than the humidity.
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby z-man » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:03 pm

GDL5000 wrote:read the post above mine, sheesh you guys are denser than the humidity.

I did...Still not understanding how pake resembles anything remotely close to the meaning of pack...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
User avatar
z-man
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Anywhere and everywhere

Postby irban » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:21 pm

SARG27044 wrote:but im the one getting that duece on a hole that they have no idea how to throw

Pisses the hell out of me every time.
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5227
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby rightcunnin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:30 pm

z-man wrote:
GDL5000 wrote:read the post above mine, sheesh you guys are denser than the humidity.

I did...Still not understanding how pake resembles anything remotely close to the meaning of pack...


Grodney wrote: And GDL, this has nothing to do with personal skill(s) or lake thereof. Keep it up and I will cut you.[/quote]
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
User avatar
rightcunnin
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby z-man » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:37 pm

rightcunnin wrote:
z-man wrote:
GDL5000 wrote:read the post above mine, sheesh you guys are denser than the humidity.

I did...Still not understanding how pake resembles anything remotely close to the meaning of pack...


Grodney wrote: And GDL, this has nothing to do with personal skill(s) or lake thereof. Keep it up and I will cut you.

I shoulda known he wouldn't slip up like that...rest assured GDL...i'll be waiting in the shadows ready to pounce the moment you do finally make a mistack...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
User avatar
z-man
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Anywhere and everywhere

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron