MN Majestic

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby Clue » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:35 pm

If I got caught up in some of the minutia I could find some things to complain about, but Timmy has built something really special up there. And I'm not just talking about BRP or the tournament. The entire city is exploding. I played with a few rec players on Thu afternoon and they told me that they've sold over 600 state bag tags this year. BRP is doing really well despite tons of free options all over the cities. Sundog league is huge.

Now the tournament: The Castle Rock situation was unfortunate, but I was happy to play a familiar layout so I'm glad it worked out the way it did. Not sure if everyone heard about the weather situation, but I was elated that they blew the horn before the storm hit. Lightning was in the area, tornadoes were suspected off to the west, and the storm was inevitable, but we were off the course at least 10 mins before the first drop hit and they made a clear and concise decision for the remaining schedule in a timely manner. I could argue pros and cons about whether it was a good or bad call, but the fact is that everyone was safe and we weren't stuck crammed in a building for hours waiting for a decision.

The payout is incredible year in and year out. All the rounds started in a timely manner. The courses were a lot of fun. Hyland Hills is a great venue for spectators, and there are some really fun shots. On a side note, I got to play with Nate Doss for the first time and he was a pleasure to play with. He's a class act and easy to get along with. He also dropped a bomb on 18 at BRP.

Congrats to Adam, Sprague, Tank, and I think George Smith for qualifying. They all played really well and deserve to get in.
Clue

Postby The Donator » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:00 am

Clue wrote: Not sure if everyone heard about the weather situation, but I was elated that they blew the horn before the storm hit. Lightning was in the area, tornadoes were suspected off to the west, and the storm was inevitable, but we were off the course at least 10 mins before the first drop hit and they made a clear and concise decision for the remaining schedule in a timely manner. I could argue pros and cons about whether it was a good or bad call, but the fact is that everyone was safe and we weren't stuck crammed in a building for hours waiting for a decision.

I can only imagine what you would have said when the exact same weather situation happened a few years ago up there when Tim didnt blow the horn at Kaposia and left everyone away from holes 1-5 and 25-27 completely clueless as to what to do. Guess it takes knowing how to Chuck up a situation to know one.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby yevenstee » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:19 am

Clue wrote:If I got caught up in some of the minutia I could find some things to complain about, but Timmy has built something really special up there. And I'm not just talking about BRP or the tournament. The entire city is exploding. I played with a few rec players on Thu afternoon and they told me that they've sold over 600 state bag tags this year. BRP is doing really well despite tons of free options all over the cities. Sundog league is huge.

Now the tournament: The Castle Rock situation was unfortunate, but I was happy to play a familiar layout so I'm glad it worked out the way it did. Not sure if everyone heard about the weather situation, but I was elated that they blew the horn before the storm hit. Lightning was in the area, tornadoes were suspected off to the west, and the storm was inevitable, but we were off the course at least 10 mins before the first drop hit and they made a clear and concise decision for the remaining schedule in a timely manner. I could argue pros and cons about whether it was a good or bad call, but the fact is that everyone was safe and we weren't stuck crammed in a building for hours waiting for a decision.

The payout is incredible year in and year out. All the rounds started in a timely manner. The courses were a lot of fun. Hyland Hills is a great venue for spectators, and there are some really fun shots. On a side note, I got to play with Nate Doss for the first time and he was a pleasure to play with. He's a class act and easy to get along with. He also dropped a bomb on 18 at BRP.

Congrats to Adam, Sprague, Tank, and I think George Smith for qualifying. They all played really well and deserve to get in.

Tuesdays is our sundog league. We normally have 90 players that flex from 2-4 and then another 90 shotgun start at 6. We travel all over the cities from the first tuesday in April to the last in August. If you guys want to check out our website, it's sundogtournamentseries.com - I think you guys will be impressed with the site.
yevenstee

Postby shane » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:25 am

The Donator wrote:
Clue wrote: Not sure if everyone heard about the weather situation, but I was elated that they blew the horn before the storm hit. Lightning was in the area, tornadoes were suspected off to the west, and the storm was inevitable, but we were off the course at least 10 mins before the first drop hit and they made a clear and concise decision for the remaining schedule in a timely manner. I could argue pros and cons about whether it was a good or bad call, but the fact is that everyone was safe and we weren't stuck crammed in a building for hours waiting for a decision.

I can only imagine what you would have said when the exact same weather situation happened a few years ago up there when Tim didnt blow the horn at Kaposia and left everyone away from holes 1-5 and 25-27 completely clueless as to what to do. Guess it takes knowing how to Chuck up a situation to know one.

Not only did they not blow the whistle but they made us start while it was hailing. I couldn't believe I was throwing my initial hole in a hail storm. We actually quit and came in at one point because of all of the lightning and when we got there we found a bunch of others sitting in the cabin.

BRP and Hyland are great venues, with great venues and a good payout it's hard mess anything else up.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:11 am

The Donator wrote:

That was the year Feldburg came in and yelled at TG for ruining his outfit.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby lennythrowsdiscraft » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:06 am

Chase20460 wrote:
The Donator wrote:

That was the year Feldburg came in and yelled at TG for ruining his outfit.

Does he have his nails done to match?
lennythrowsdiscraft

Postby njrules » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:34 am

yevenstee wrote:Tuesdays is our sundog league. We normally have 90 players that flex from 2-4 and then another 90 shotgun start at 6. We travel all over the cities from the first tuesday in April to the last in August. If you guys want to check out our website, it's sundogtournamentseries.com - I think you guys will be impressed with the site.

Yeah Sundogs are like having mini tourneys each week with the number of people that show up and since it travels around the cities it a great way to get to know a bunch of different courses. This year we are close to 400 unique individuals that have played in a Sundog.

I do have to admit though playing Bushwackers in CR/IC was the most fun I've had with a league.
njrules

Postby Like_Water » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:05 pm

njrules wrote:
yevenstee wrote:Tuesdays is our sundog league. We normally have 90 players that flex from 2-4 and then another 90 shotgun start at 6. We travel all over the cities from the first tuesday in April to the last in August. If you guys want to check out our website, it's sundogtournamentseries.com - I think you guys will be impressed with the site.

Yeah Sundogs are like having mini tourneys each week with the number of people that show up and since it travels around the cities it a great way to get to know a bunch of different courses. This year we are close to 400 unique individuals that have played in a Sundog.

I do have to admit though playing Bushwackers in CR/IC was the most fun I've had with a league.

What's the cost to payout? I've heard $15 to get in as an am, and if you win that week you get $25 towards merch.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby yevenstee » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Discwrangler wrote:
njrules wrote:

$8 for inter - $10 for adv - $12 for open. There are (2) optional ctp holes that everyone can reach. I usually get one a year and they are usually about $65 to $70 in each ctp bag. Payouts are pretty good. Just depends on how many are showing up in your division.

What's the cost to payout? I've heard $15 to get in as an am, and if you win that week you get $25 towards merch.
yevenstee

Postby njrules » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:09 pm

Discwrangler wrote:

http://www.sundogtournamentseries.com This is the main site

http://www.sundogtournamentseries.com/scores_wk12.htm This is a link to one of the last weeks rounds with payouts

Yeah $25 is pretty common, they try to spread it out to several places, also money is pooled to a year end pay out for I believe the top three in series points.

Prices are
9/10/12 Int/Adv/Pro
njrules

Postby Like_Water » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:52 am

Lots of familiar faces here...

http://www.flyinglea.org/?page_id=832
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Previous

Return to National Tournaments