MN Majestic

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

MN Majestic

Postby AO » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Well......We got rained out for the day. Finishing our last 9 holes tomorrow afternoon . No 2nd round tomorrow. Can't play more because Ams have the course in the AM.
AO

Postby robizm » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 pm

hate rain disc
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Re: MN Majestic

Postby chappyfade » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:35 am

AO wrote:Well......We got rained out for the day. Finishing our last 9 holes tomorrow afternoon . No 2nd round tomorrow. Can't play more because Ams have the course in the AM.

Not sure how it would would work, cause I'm not there, but why not start the pros early to finish round 1 (like 7am), and then you could still get the ams started by 9AM, and then the pros are back at 2PM. Obviously that was considered and discarded. I just know that you have a lot of daylight this time of year in Minnesota....should be able to make it work. Of course, if they were playing on tee times instead of the usual shotgun starts they've done in the past, I could see a possible issue.
chappyfade

Postby AO » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:32 am

No tee times at all for this years Majestic. We were supposed to have shotgun start all 3 rounds. Clue and I were actually talking about the same thing you just posted Chappy. Clue seems pretty happy with just finishing the 2nd round today. I would have liked to play more golf. Today is going to be somewhat of a boring day for me. Not much to do till 1 or so, then drive 40 minutes, play 9 or 10 holes, then drive 40 minutes again and go home.

The Castle Rock mess is still affecting play because only 2 courses are being used.
AO

Postby AO » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:17 am

Btw..Blue Ribbon Pines looks amazing. The course is very clean and is maintained very well. Hole 26 basket is the shit! It is now elevated about 8-10 ft high and you have to walk up 3 tiers to get to the basket. Each tier is surrounded by huge boulders. Hole 17 is better too IMO. They moved the basket back another 150 feet and is definately a harder par 4. The concession stand is now completed where holes 10, 13 and 24 come together. Lots of spectators watching, having a snack, and enjoying a beer. Pretty impressive.
AO

Postby johnemus » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:20 pm

watched the final 9 today. its was pretty fun to watch. the local boy, Cale, came in 1 stroke back of Feldberg. First few holes, Cale quickly fell back to 3 off the lead. But, as you would expect, he surged back, with the support of the crowd. He was down by 1 going into the last hole, and left himself about a 35 ft'er for birdie. he's hit huge putts like this before, like '07 majestic on the same hole http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRyG7QXVqns. however, he left it a little short and caught the rim of the basket, the crowd and cale were both disappointed.

Feldberg took it down for the men and valerie won the women's by 5 strokes.
johnemus

Postby AO » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:00 am

Sprague and I got our USDGC bids. One less thing to think about. Tournament was well run. Final 9s aren't something I really care for but the courses played fair and it was good to play in nice weather.
AO

Postby claring » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:27 am

Adam (Krouse) Foust got 3rd in Adv great job Adam! If you threw a normal shot on hole 20 instead of a thumber both rounds you might have won. Don't forget to bring my dollar with to league Thu
claring

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:35 am

claring wrote:Adam (Krouse) Faust got 3rd in Adv great job Adam! If you threw a normal shot on hole 20 instead of a thumber both rounds you might have won. Don't forget to bring my dollar with to league Thu
Whoa there fella, hes my BW partner and Ive been waiting for my dollar for bangin the basket since week 2 :shock: And thats after I had paid him 5 for acing the first hole, I hit the last hole and he never gave me a buck back :evil: So join the list :lol:
SARG27044

Postby claring » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:46 am

SARG27044 wrote:
claring wrote:Adam (Krouse) Faust got 3rd in Adv great job Adam! If you threw a normal shot on hole 20 instead of a thumber both rounds you might have won. Don't forget to bring my dollar with to league Thu
Whoa there fella, hes my BW partner and Ive been waiting for my dollar for bangin the basket since week 2 :shock: And thats after I had paid him 5 for acing the first hole, I hit the last hole and he never gave me a buck back :evil: So join the list :lol:

That's too bad. :(
I have found that if you don't get paid for the 51 club at that time you usually never will. This was a bet that he started so I am sure he will pay up.
claring

Postby yevenstee » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:31 am

claring wrote:Adam (Krouse) Foust got 3rd in Adv great job Adam! If you threw a normal shot on hole 20 instead of a thumber both rounds you might have won. Don't forget to bring my dollar with to league Thu

Congrats to Foust! Sad that he comes in and shoots better blind than on a course I've played 100's of times..lol. Wish a few more of you could've made the trip. It was a good weekend.
yevenstee

Postby Disc Golf Live » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:30 am

AO wrote:Sprague and I got our USDGC bids. One less thing to think about.

Nice!
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:31 am

sorry Steve, I wanted to, but to me the value was shitty. One round a day, only two courses (which weren't determined till 2 weeks prior to the event) wasn't worth burning vacation for especially when I'd been anticipating a completely different "product".
GDL17921

Postby yevenstee » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:48 am

GDL5000 wrote:sorry Steve, I wanted to, but to me the value was shitty. One round a day, only two courses (which weren't determined till 2 weeks prior to the event) wasn't worth burning vacation for especially when I'd been anticipating a completely different "product".

I know Jay, but man.... I'm here to tell you, 2 rounds at BRP is awesome. It's the best manicured course you'll see. Hands down.
yevenstee

Postby njrules » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:48 am

GDL5000 wrote:sorry Steve, I wanted to, but to me the value was shitty. One round a day, only two courses (which weren't determined till 2 weeks prior to the event) wasn't worth burning vacation for especially when I'd been anticipating a completely different "product".

Sorry you feel that way, but I am glad that the two days at the same place was at Blue Ribbon Pines -- what a great place to play alot of fun and some actual score deviation from the normal par 3s. There are others around here that took the same stand and decided not to play the Majestic, but at least as far as Ams go we had plenty of people that wanted to fill those spots.
njrules

Next

Return to National Tournaments