DISContinuum Presents IOS#5 The Sinnissippi Open July 17/18

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby Clue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Phuck the Free World, 3-1-3!
Clue

Postby CEValkyrie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:42 am

Another sponsor added. $900 added to MPO-Open

Absolutely none of the previous post was directed at anyone on the board. It was a statement about what we do to run events.

"WE" the IOS staff were tired of going to events paying X amount of money then getting a crappy T-Shirt and mini valued at X. I'll give you an example from this year at a tournament. 56 Intermediate players at $30 a pop. The 3rd place player received a CFR Katana as a player pack and $30 in a payout. RIP OFF!!!! Chase, you remember the sunglasses event in 2004? That's exactly what we are talking about.
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Postby CEValkyrie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:29 pm

There were nearly 100 players each day last year. You can track preregistration this week. Any division will be offered even if it's only 1 person. If you want a trophy for your division and it's not on the tour page prereg by Wednesday. Scott will update the list daily.

$900 added to MPO-Open

Saturday
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9992

Sunday
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9993
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:07 pm

I got a PM about some of the previous posts I made, and perhaps I need to clear something up.

This is a fun tournament with some great features, and will be well run...as I said before.

Its a pretty cool course. Not as tough as it once was, but very well maintained, and most the temps are pretty sweet.

I guess that got lost in there, and I didnt mean for it to happen. I also didnt want people to forget about the other event that weekend, and took offense to the sales pitch.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby stpitner » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:11 pm

deep breath everybody? :) I'm glad that a lot of this was cleared up. Brett's definitely trying to get the word out to everyone reading that if you're willing to make the trip, you're going to get a quality event, end of story. I don't know how many Iowa players have played an IOS and are used to the merch selection from Bruce or the brass cash either. That has changed this year with the switch to my company (Paper or Plastic Sports) providing the merch at all IOS tournaments. I bring probably close to twice what Bruce would have at a tournament, so it's a continual process to help improve what AM's get to choose for player packs, prizes, and payouts.

This was the merch setup at Oswego's IOS this year, and I didn't get out mroe than 1 or 2 of the 8 boxes of Gateway that I typically bring.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... 5951636594

Chase - I know you have a lot going on with your own tournaments, etc, but I hope you can take the time to come on out to an IOS this year, maybe just being able to talk face to face would help keep from everyone getting upset with one another.

-Scott
http://www.paperorplasticsports.com We have over 2,500 discs in stock! Just email and ask!
stpitner

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:37 am

Its not about being upset, its about going on to a website and making a post that basically suggests people are being ripped off, which I took offense to.

I wasnt the only person to read it that way, just the only one to comment.

It has nothing to do with Bruce, nothing to do with player packs, nothing to do with the tournament itself. Everything Brett brought up in his post is STANDARD at our events and most of the Iowa events. The way he presented it was that people who were reading that thread were being taken advantage of.

That post couldve been written alot better than it was, mine could of as well. Thats why I offered the other.

Good Luck at your event.

Chase20460

Postby CEValkyrie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:47 am

I'm pretty disappointed that people would think i'd get on a website and bash another event. Even if it was unclear you'd think i'd get the benefit of the doubt. I know how much hard work and time goes into an event and the course. It's a thankless job and 99% of the players have no idea how much an event involves. As state coordinator, president of a club, td, and player, at no time would try to cut down another event on the internet. Any time i've seen an issue at an event i've contacted that TD after the event to discuss or offer my opinion. As a TD i've made some mistakes, learned from them, and gotten better.

My statements were solely about the events that IOS runs and the philosophy. Each area has their philosophy and I accept them all. I'm just informing people of what the IOS offers. That has been our goal since day #1. We get every bit of information that we can out to the players. We don't wany anyone to show up and be surprised or pissed off. When you walk away we hope you got what you expected out of your entry fee. You can't please everyone but this has helped.

I'm looking forward to the weekend of playing golf one day and running a good day event the other.
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:01 am

All I'm going to say is that in written communication, when you say that you don't do something, the implication is that others do, so I can see where Chase and others may have taken offense.

Saying that you don't rip off ams or that you don't spend too much on trophies----how is that showing "what the IOS offers" :?:

All I'm saying is that from a TD/player perspective, it sounded kind of cock jugglerish and any insinuation that Chase needed to apologize as he did above is just retarded.

Run your events against Iowa events, advertise them on here like that, and seriously, don't be so thin skinned when people say shit. Believe that they will, especially when YOUR philosophy is to show what you do well by bashing what you believe others do badly.
GDL17921

Postby CEValkyrie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:32 am

GDL5000 wrote:All I'm going to say is that in written communication, when you say that you don't do something, the implication is that others do, so I can see where Chase and others may have taken offense.

Saying that you don't rip off ams or that you don't spend too much on trophies----how is that showing "what the IOS offers" :?:

All I'm saying is that from a TD/player perspective, it sounded kind of cock jugglerish and any insinuation that Chase needed to apologize as he did above is just retarded.

Run your events against Iowa events, advertise them on here like that, and seriously, don't be so thin skinned when people say shit. Believe that they will, especially when YOUR philosophy is to show what you do well by bashing what you believe others do badly.

It's all good. I just think it's bush league when people go onto another tournament thread and tell them to go to another event. Like I told Chase out of respect to Adam i'll refrain from going onto the IA States thread and saying don't go there and come to Sinnissippi. I don't care where you are from that is cock jugglerish.

As for scheduling against an IA tournament. I checked the IA schedule prior to scheduling Sinnissippi knowing it's proximity to the Quad Cities. IA States was no where to be found. It wasn't on this forum and it wasn't on the PDGA. I think it popped up on the PDGA website 3 weeks ago?
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Postby AO » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:38 am

It wasn't on the pdga site until a month or so ago but it was on the 2010 Tour Schedule. Just took time to get everything organized.
Last edited by AO on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
AO

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:41 am

I'm pretty sure Chase did that becasue of the issue I brought to the table which you did not address.

I'm not taking issue with the conflicting events. You're right, IA States came about way late in the game and as far as I'm concerned, it meets the mileage criteria so it's a non-issue.

Like Clue said, TD's/merchants are going to have to compete to win am players. Let's just do it by showing what we do offer, rather than saying we don't do bad things that perhaps other TD's may have done in the past.

If there are TD's that are ripping off ams, spending too much on trophies, let them be known as far as I'm concerned.....but not as a means of promoting your event. We have a thread on this forum called "What makes a good tournament".....That would be an appropriate place for such a discussion.
GDL17921

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:08 pm

CEValkyrie wrote:
GDL5000 wrote:All I'm going to say is that in written communication, when you say that you don't do something, the implication is that others do, so I can see where Chase and others may have taken offense.

It's all good. I just think it's bush league when people go onto another tournament thread and tell them to go to another event. Like I told Chase out of respect to Adam i'll refrain from going onto the IA States thread and saying don't go there and come to Sinnissippi. I don't care where you are from that is cock jugglerish.

I felt the same way about your IOS post. Read what I said because you are obviously missing the point of alot of this in my eyes. It has nothing to do with the IOS or Bruce, or Sterling or the dates, thats what you have made it into to.

As for scheduling against an IA tournament. I checked the IA schedule prior to scheduling Sinnissippi knowing it's proximity to the Quad Cities. IA States was no where to be found. It wasn't on this forum and it wasn't on the PDGA. I think it popped up on the PDGA website 3 weeks ago?

I dont think that the 2 tourneys running at the same time was ever an issue. At least not for me. States was listed on this site, and if you have the presence to come onto an Iowa based website and make the post you did, or it least the way it came off, I would think you wouldve noticed it on the calendar. I have never looked at it as an issue, as States is more of an Iowa based event , but after I read your post, I felt it should be noted that Eastern Iowa and Iowa golfers in general do alot of traveling to help each others events, and there was one on the same weekend. I didnt read your post the way you say you wanted it recieved, and honestly, still dont see where I did anything to harm your event or insult it in any way. I have probably just added more attention to it.

Chase20460

Postby CEValkyrie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Friday Doubles @ 6PM. Random Draw.

Here is a link to the thread that has the course info and map. You must register a user name and login to view attachments.
http://discontinuum.org/index.php?optio ... 2#msg72632

This is the last chance to preregister and get a trophy for your divison. Here are the current trophies that are going to be made. I am doing these tomorrow morning.

Saturday
1-Open
3-Intermediate
3-Novice

Sunday
1-Pro Masters
3-Advanced
1-Advanced Masters
1-Advanced Senior Grandmasters
1-Intermediate Women
3-Recreational
1-Recreational Women
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Postby CEValkyrie » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:18 pm

PreReg list is up to date with the biggest reg date to come Friday. Weather is looking great for the weekend. Online is open until 8pm Friday night. I'll be taking registrations at the course late afternoon Friday. Registration opens at 8am on Sat & Sun.

58 players Saturday:
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9992

61 players Sunday:
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9993

While packing the car tonight I found a trophy from the IOS #2 A-Tier. Had I not forgot about it I would have taken it to the trophy shop to have the name plate changed. Currently is is labeled but not professionally. I donated a CFR Destroyer to the front. The trophy will be going to the MPO-Open Champion. Check out the pic at the facebook event page.

$900 added to MPO Open
Bonus Fade Gear Bag to winner of Adv/Int/Nov/Rec
Tons of CTP's and prizes.
Food onsite
Great course!

COME GET SOME!
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:01 pm

GDL5000 wrote:sounded kind of cock jugglerish

lol! and once again jay provides the intelligent insight. love the new word invention.

and as far as i know of broke ass, ripoff events\vendors was lance and "ace hunt". not sure who else does this anymore?

cock jugglerish! lmao
Abe Froman

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments