Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

DISContinuum Presents IOS#5 The Sinnissippi Open July 17/18

Postby CEValkyrie » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:49 pm

DISContinuum Presents
IOS #5
The Sinnissippi Open
@ Sterling, IL
July 17 & 18

Sinnissippi Park is a super fun course to play. Hole #5 is one of the best holes in Illinois. Get your fix of golf with 48 holes of enjoyment!
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1821

Am & Pro PDGA B-Tier
2 Rounds of 24 Holes (18 + 6 temp holes)

The divisions splits are as follows
FRIDAY--> 6PM Random Draw Doiubles
SATURDAY--> Pro Men, Intermediate, Novice.
SUNDAY--->All other divisions.
http://www.paperorplasticsports.com/tournaments.html

There were 196 players over 2 days last year.

DISContinuum DGC is sponsoring this event with $500 added cash. DISContinuum is supplying 6 quality tempory baskets and rubber tees for the extra holes.
Currently $650 added to MPO--Open Pro
All other pro divisions play for each others money.

$15.00 pick your own player pack to all amateurs. All amateur payouts are pick your own prizes as well. Combine your player pack and payouts for for a bigger prize. Play both days and do the same.

The winner of Novice, Recreational, Intermediate,and Advanced will win a new release Fade Gear Mystery Bag on top of normal payouts. There will be several CTP's for bag straps as well. Thanks Fade Gear!
http://fadegear.com/

Tim and his crew will also be cooking lunch both days at the course. The price is very fair so bring a few extra bucks for lunch.

Merchandise provided by Paper or Plastic Sports. HUGE Selection!
www.paperorplasticsports.com

Pre-Registration for IOS #5 is now online!
http://www.paperorplasticsports.com/tournaments.html
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Postby CEValkyrie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:43 pm

This is the bag that will be given away from Fade Gear to each of the winners of the 4 AM divisions: Adv, Int, Rec, and Nov.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0370889323

It's Fade Gear's latest and greatest Limited Edition black bag - "Fly or Die" - looks great!

$650 Added to MPO

Lunch onsite.

Pick your own player pack and prizes for all ams.

Tons of CTP's!
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Postby CEValkyrie » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:01 am

I plan on making trophies on July 14th. There will be a trophy for every division that has a player preregistered by that date.

Doubles Friday July 16th
6PM
$5
Random Draw
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Re: DISContinuum Presents IOS#5 The Sinnissippi Open July 17

Postby Clue » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:26 am

CEValkyrie wrote:Hole #5 is one of the best par 3s in the world.

Fixed.
Clue

Re: DISContinuum Presents IOS#5 The Sinnissippi Open July 17

Postby CEValkyrie » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Clue wrote:
CEValkyrie wrote:Hole #5 is one of the best par 3s in the world.

Fixed.

That is awesome and I agree!

I just got word but I cannot gurantee this. The Sterling guys said they are willing to move pins between rounds both days.
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Postby Clue » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:02 pm

I miss Sinnissippi terribly, but we're having our state championship that weekend on two courses that I love as well. Hopefully some other time...
Clue

Postby CEValkyrie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Clue wrote:I miss Sinnissippi terribly, but we're having our state championship that weekend on two courses that I love as well. Hopefully some other time...

No problem. Good luck at states.

More updates.
Pins will be moved during lunch on both days. 10 meter circles will be painted on all 36 pin positions on the permanent course.
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Postby CEValkyrie » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:48 pm

For you QC guys. Moline is 55 miles from Sterling.

If you have not played an IOS event i'll give you a few reasons to. Here is my pitch to get your out here.

#1 We don't believe in ripping off ams. All of your entry fee comes back to you in the division you play in the form of $15 player pack, divisional CTP's, and big payouts! You get to choose your player pack and payout prizes. Your money does not go to the pros or any other division. There will be simplistic trophies. We don't believe in spending a ton of money on trophies and taking away from the payouts. Winners of Novice, Recreational, Intermediate, and Advanced will win a bonus bag from Fade Gear.

#2 Open Pro will have $650 mimimum added to the pro purse. All added cash is going to the Open division. All other pro divisions will play for their own entry fee.

#3 We've been running the IOS since 2003. We aren't perfect but we've done our best to streamline the tournament process. We are efficient at what we do. We have a small army of TD's and volunteers who help and run the IOS. All of them will be at this event. We are very prepared and there will be a course map with hole by hole out of bounds information.

#4 Tim of Fade Gear will have lunch both days. He has very fair prices and very good food. If you don't want to eat at the park there are several options a few blocks from the park.

#5 Sinnissippi Park is a VERY fun course. Much of it plays in the shade. The Sterling guys will be moving pins between rounds. 10 Meter Circles will be painted. The 6 temporary holes are pretty awesome and the CLIFF hole is scenic. DISContinuum is supplying 6 rubber tee pads and 6 QUALITY baskets! The baskets are Chainstars and Mach2,3,5. Play an event with crappy temp baskets? Not here. You will get your money worth with 48 holes of golf.

#6 If you've read this far I kept the best for last. WE run tournaments WE want to play. WE are players first and want what YOU want. We want to play GREAT events. This event is GOING to be a GREAT event.

Hope to see you there.
Brett Comincioli
CEValkyrie

Postby TreeLoveInman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Question, Do you need a pdga#?
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby TreeLoveInman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Do you need a pdga# to play?
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby pickax » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:33 am

You do not need a PDGA number to play, but players who are not current members of the PDGA will need to pay a $10 fee.
pickax

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 am

[quote="CEValkyrie"]For you QC guys. Moline is 55 miles from Sterling.

quote]

Go to Iowa States. Iowa City is closer. Support events that support You and Your disc golf community.

Iowa City is closer, States offers multiple courses for you to play. Turkey Creek and Sugar Bottom are awesome player friendly courses.

Nobody is out to rip you off. All these things he talks about are standard in QC/Iowa disc golf, with the exception of cutting Pro Masters and Women out of the added cash.

I dont get your post at all Brett, and hope I am reading it wrong, because you basically just insulted everyone that runs events not affiliated with the IOS system.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Clue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Chase20460 wrote:I dont get your post at all Brett, and hope I am reading it wrong, because you basically just insulted everyone that runs events not affiliated with the IOS system.

I don't necessarily agree. I think it's hard to build something up without the implication of tearing something down. For years we've showed up to a lot of events basically *hoping* they did things well. All I think he's doing is trying to assure those unfamiliar that they can depend on a good tournament.

Things are getting more competitive. It's like trying to sell a used car. Adam's got one in Iowa City and Brett's got one in Sterling. Me, as the consumer, would like to know everything I can. You certainly don't want to be the prototypical used car salesman, but you can't just sit and do nothing and expect to sell cars either.
Clue

Postby Clue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Chase20460 wrote: with the exception of cutting Pro Masters and Women out of the added cash.

To me, this is simply a marketing strategy. Everything being equal, this would be something that could sway me into playing an IOS tournament.
Clue

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Like I said, nothing wrong with an invite...Also nothing wrong with boasting about your event, especially when it has the great features it does. But... Its print. To me it came off shitty. It happens.

I just disagree with statements about ripping off Ams, and making it on a website and to a crowd of people you have done little to support. I mean, I run alot of the events that this crowd on here goes to, and I do nothing that he spoke of except pay Masters and Women. I always have low cost trophys, always have, and always pay out a player package that costs much more than the face value. Always have added cash at every event I run, and added merch. He didnt directly say that we are the people that do this, but between Us and the Iowa Tour, there isnt alot of other players on this site, or TDs doing tournaments. Ive never got on another site and posted something like that, and again, may have read it wrong. Nothing wrong with what he said, for the most part. Maybe I am being sensitive, but I work to insure we run quality events.

All I was suggesting was support the QCs and Eastern Iowa events, as thats what is helping make our ( the QCs ) tournament scene grow and there is one that weekend that is offering more. We love to see the people that normally play in the IOS events, but it rarely happens.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Next

Return to National Tournaments