St. Louis Open, May 1st-2nd

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby cgkdisc » Mon May 03, 2010 10:16 am

Read my post a few above yours...
cgkdisc

Postby Swisher Streets » Mon May 03, 2010 10:19 am

SARG27044 wrote:Whats up with the guy who won intermediate? Rated 883, and shot a 1040 round :shock: Holy S#$T
Beat Nikko that round. Some serious score separation in open and advanced. Between 4th and 5th there was a 22 stroke gap in open and 15 in adv.
Swisher Streets

Postby z-man » Mon May 03, 2010 10:27 am

SwisherStreets wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Whats up with the guy who won intermediate? Rated 883, and shot a 1040 round :shock: Holy S#$T
Beat Nikko that round. Some serious score separation in open and advanced. Between 4th and 5th there was a 22 stroke gap in open and 15 in adv.

Seriously fellas?? :roll: :roll:

Tyler...The ratings are being calculated as if everyone played the same layout/course...I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case here and the TD's need to enter in the correct course information

Swisher...The gap is there because of the final 9 playoff's in the Open and Advanced divisions...There was not a 22 stroke gap between 4th and 5th in open...it was actually 1 stroke after the regulation holes were complete
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby SARG27044 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:40 am

Yeah I didnt see Chuck's original post before I looked at the results and posted mine...Get off my back :lol:

Nice Shootin though AO
SARG27044

Postby AO » Mon May 03, 2010 10:45 am

CEValkyrie wrote:
AO wrote:front 9 -232432223 bogey on a duece hole
back 9- 222232223 birdied every hole on the back. 3s were par 4s

Did you guys play the short/concrete tees?

Wow! That is an unreal round.
Hole #2 is a chuck to get to.
That green on #4 is nasty. He blow by?
Hole #5 is a tweener hole.

concrete
rolled down the hill and went out on his drive
I didnt think 5 was a tweener. Have flex an overstable driver

I played the course really well at Rock Springs but shit the bed on the 2 par 4s.....took a 5 and a 6. There was also a guy spectating all weekend. Dude was more annoying than Rob Sandrick. Drove me and the guys absolutely nuts. Talking, moving, constantly making dumb comments, and breathing heaving like a dying cow. He was asked to leave the park at JB yesterday morning by tournament staff.
AO

Postby Single L » Mon May 03, 2010 11:01 am

Yeah there were 4 pools .......... The ratings are screwed right now; take no stock in them at all. Right now the ratings suggest a 60 at Sioux Passage is the same as a 60 at Jefferson Barracks .......... if you've played these courses you'd know that's not even close to accurate

A 43 at Rocksprings is sick ....... the greens are sick; either on an extreme slope or heavily surrounded by schule, or both on a few. All divisions played the short concrete tee's, so most of the par 3's were reachable, so an 11 down is there, but you'd have to have some big balls, no conscience, or extreme confidence on a few of them.

BTW .......... I think EVERY Lawn mower, lopper, pole saw, and weed whacker in the Greater STL must have been broken :evil:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Mon May 03, 2010 11:11 am

CEValkyrie wrote:
Did you guys play the short/concrete tees?

Hole #2 is a chuck to get to.
That green on #4 is nasty. He blow by?
Hole #5 is a tweener hole.

Deuced #2 with about a 50ft ballsy put with OB road behind.

#4 is nasty, probably the nastiest hole out there - I knew I had to lay up on it, so I did and what do I get a roll away that rolls all the way down the hill and goes OB, so I take a Circle 5 ........ should have just ran it at least then it would have been a 2 or Circle 5.

I think 5 is there. I short armed a T-Bird and was only about 60 short in the schule. We had a guy throw a great flex shot like AO described that made the bend and skipped right under the pin. Lucky for him the schule was so nasty it stopped and he netted a 2.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby AO » Mon May 03, 2010 11:34 am

ratings are fixed. Nikko's round is 1100!
AO

Previous

Return to National Tournaments