Kan-U-Wyco - Sunday March 14

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Kan-U-Wyco - Sunday March 14

Postby Single L » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:14 pm

"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Looking for someone from DSM (or anywhere, but you'll have to drive DSM) to carpool for this tournament and the Columbia Tournament, looking at making it a weekend trip .......

Thanks to those who contacted me ...... looks like we are all set for the trip
Last edited by Single L on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby treeMD » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:47 am

I have been trying to talk myself into going to Kan-u-wyco. my plan was to play the osky tournement and then leave from there and head to KC. Really just want to get out of the snow, and wyco is a fun course, one of my favorites that we played during worlds this year.

Let me think about it a couple days and ill let you know if im interested Corey
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby really » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:01 am

i might be doing both of these.
DGA
really

Postby SpikeHyzer » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Count me in...
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Furthur » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:43 pm

WyCo is a great beginning of the year event. I recommend it to anyone interested. It will fill up (I think it has for the past 3 years), so if you get there Sunday and aren't registered, you'll be watching rather than playing.
Furthur

Postby Single L » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Kan-U-Wyco is full ......... The PDGA site says 72, but rest assured it is full. Dick Parker, the TD, is just waiting for the rest to come through from the PDGA ........ if you didn't get in by yesterday then you’re shit out of luck.
Single L

Postby Like_Water » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:30 pm

porkchop wrote:Kan-U-Wyco is full ......... The PDGA site says 72, but rest assured it is full. Dick Parker, the TD, is just waiting for the rest to come through from the PDGA ........ if you didn't get in by yesterday then you’re shit out of luck.

that Chucking sucks. :evil:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Looking forward to this one. For those of you who have played this course...what's it like?
SpikeHyzer

Postby shane » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:28 pm

long and boring :wink:
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby Like_Water » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:50 pm

shane wrote:long :wink:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Any courses around here compare? Pickard? Graceland? J&B?
SpikeHyzer

Postby Single L » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:56 pm

The first times I played Wyco I wasn't a big fan. The average length of a hole is about 457 (416 for the layouts I've played, usually not in 100% tips). There's about 8 hole that are twenerish depending on how far you can throw and depending on the weather. The course is a lot like Graceland in the fact that about half of these tweeners become great par 4's with the wind; the other half bonus 2's with light to no wind (places where you can do a lot of scoring). They have 4 must duce sub-300 ft holes and 4 others between 325-350 that I know I should be able to duce, but if not no biggie, but they are the ones that if I miss I know I'll have to make up a couple of those strokes on the par 4's.

Over the last 2 years I've really grown to like Wyco. First because I can throw farther and can reach more of the pins. And secondly there are very few times in a season were you get to play defensive disc golf and let the others implode; this is one of them. It's a long course, but more of a mental challenge than a physical one. If you like the style of golf at Graceland (windy and long) than you will like Wyco.
Single L

Postby Clue » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:48 am

porkchop wrote:The first times I played Wyco I wasn't a big fan. The average length of a hole is about 457 (416 for the layouts I've played, usually not in 100% tips). There's about 8 hole that are twenerish depending on how far you can throw and depending on the weather. The course is a lot like Graceland in the fact that about half of these tweeners become great par 4's with the wind; the other half bonus 2's with light to no wind (places where you can do a lot of scoring). They have 4 must duce sub-300 ft holes and 4 others between 325-350 that I know I should be able to duce, but if not no biggie, but they are the ones that if I miss I know I'll have to make up a couple of those strokes on the par 4's.

Over the last 2 years I've really grown to like Wyco. First because I can throw farther and can reach more of the pins. And secondly there are very few times in a season were you get to play defensive disc golf and let the others implode; this is one of them. It's a long course, but more of a mental challenge than a physical one. If you like the style of golf at Graceland (windy and long) than you will like Wyco.

This looks really familiar....
Clue

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:31 am

porkchop wrote:If you like the style of golf at Graceland (windy and long) than you will like Wyco.

I like this style of golf...wish there was more of it around.
SpikeHyzer

Next

Return to National Tournaments