28th Annual KC Wide Open - June 19th-20th (B Tier)

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby jlowekc » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks for the kind words about our courses, and most importantly the people that ran the event. This was the first cross-pollinization with an outfit other than Disc Golf World, and as a player and non-helper for the most part of this event, it seemed to go on as usual.

Its tough playing in your own backyard because I see so many little things that bother me, and realize that its my expectations that are that high because of the care that we take into the events that make it so.

One big issue that cost me to be a little slow outta the gate was fixed within the first 6 groups, and probably no one other than myself would have noticed on day 1, but in the end it just goes to show that when we run an event in KC, A, B, C Tier or Major, we are grateful to the few people that have given up their time to make our events run well and seemless to the players.

The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy our city and the people that make the event.

Sorry you in Peoria had to deal with a tool....yet another reason you should come to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come!

BTW-If a player is as disruptive as is written, please let an official know immediately. Its best to get at the situation early to prevent tiresome posts about the individual become a fact, where as a better chance to nip it in the bud. Some people are rude jerks, and if no one says anything, they will continue and show up again. If enough issues happen it will either force the person to not show up, or at a minimum keep them in check all round during play.

I have played with some known offenders and I let them know prior to the 2-minute that I will say something to them the first chance I get to put them on a "pre-notice" if you will. It has pissed a few off, and a few others have been thankful to know my stance early!
--
===o {>[]----

Jack Lowe
http://www.KCFDC.org
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"
jlowekc

Postby Dana » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:14 pm

He's sponsored by Gateway.

He was "warned" on 11 and then again on 20. The only thing is, the warning on 11 turned out to not actually be a warning. Sniper- did you hear what the official said to him on 11? He claimed that he was told to stop cussing and not actually warned. The official told the us that she warned him. She (the official) ended up leaving before our last hole and before all the drama went down.
Dana

Postby The Donator » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:20 pm

How old is this dude?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby jlowekc » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:46 pm

If an official warns you, it must be noted on the card (I prefer to also list why/what the violation was). Shame on the official for leaving and not notifying the TD of this, that is wrong.

Sorry you had to deal with the issues of one person to bring down what I am sure was an otherwise fun time playing golf this weekend!
--
===o {>[]----

Jack Lowe
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"
jlowekc

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:55 pm

jlowekc wrote: Shame on the official for leaving and not notifying the TD of this, that is wrong.

Not representing the PDGA in a positive light! Brian Graham would be appalled I'm sure.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby jlowekc » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Got a rule book?

:lol:

Also if they left early and it was someone sent by the PDGA, then they shuold be looked at by the PDGA....
--
===o {>[]----

Jack Lowe
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"
jlowekc

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:31 pm

the PDGA only "sends" officials to NT's and majors. This guy won't be around long. He's either gonna get his ass kicked, or he's gonna get the angry clown treatment, or both.

I should mention he kinda looks like 10up, which surprises me even more as to why somebody hasn't thrown this dude just a straight up beat down. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby z-man » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:40 pm

GDL5000 wrote:I should mention he kinda looks like 10up, which surprises me even more as to why somebody hasn't thrown this dude just a straight up beat down. :lol:
He almost got one from a load of Mexicans out here in the Valley...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:46 pm

I guarantee you if he comes to Des Moines ever he'll get one. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Peil wrote:
Sniper26 wrote:I tried finding out if he had any sponsors because I am more than will to drop them a email to let them know what a prick he is.

I saw a picture of him wearing a Hippie Golf Wear shirt. I'm really hoping that he just bought it and isn't sponsored. Guy sounds like a prick.

He didnt buy it. Bad promotion is still promotion I guess, though Im sure its a decision Dennis would have rather not made. It shouldnt reflect him or his business or what they are about. This guy isnt it.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby HippieGolfWear » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:39 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
Peil wrote:
Sniper26 wrote:I tried finding out if he had any sponsors because I am more than will to drop them a email to let them know what a prick he is.

I saw a picture of him wearing a Hippie Golf Wear shirt. I'm really hoping that he just bought it and isn't sponsored. Guy sounds like a prick.

He didnt buy it. Bad promotion is still promotion I guess, though Im sure its a decision Dennis would have rather not made. It shouldnt reflect him or his business or what they are about. This guy isnt it.

O.K. I do not sponsor this guy. The shirt he was wearing was given to nikko when they was in town for the safari. And yes i was thrilled when i seen brad wearing it in that nice pic. I even tried to contact him befor peoria and thank him and offer some other apparel. But From the stories i have heard, all he will be receiving is a thank you and have a nice day.
www.hippiegolfwear.com check it out...
Tipsy fuddled boozy groggy elevated
Prime did edit her
HippieGolfWear

Postby Furthur » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks for everyone who had good praise for this event. A lot of hard work went into this from an organization standpoint (event and course preparation), as well as from a operation standpoint (course directing, spotting). Many of these operation roles were filled by KCFDC members that opted top help instead of play.

Tanner and I already talked about Swope, but for those who don't know, I'm the one who designed the temporary holes and the OB on the 2010 interpretation of "Swope Gold." I hope the rules and OB were made clearly marked; after hearing all of the complaints about the OB marking in Peoria, I think the extra time I spent clarifying all the OB lines was well worth it.

I also wanted to know if people had constructive feedback about the Swope course. If it stays in the rotation next year, I hope to have even more OB lined off. If you liked or didn't like a particular hole, I would be interested to hear why.
Furthur

Postby Like_Water » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:17 pm

No one but Clue and I traveLLed down there. :oops: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Like_Water

Postby Furthur » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Well Clue, got any comments to pass along?

Also, I expect more of you to show up next year. KC had a good showing at the First Class challenge this year.
Furthur

Postby Like_Water » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:32 pm

Furthur wrote:
Also, I expect more of you to show up next year. KC had a good showing at the First Class challenge this year.

Agreed.
Like_Water

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments