28th Annual KC Wide Open - June 19th-20th (B Tier)

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:49 pm

well, with probably 10X the player base, I sure would hope so Jack. I'm planning on hitting the 30th next year, but this year it's back to Peoria for the first time since 2004. I think that I am alone in this venture as far as DSM'ers go though.

How was your trip to the Far East?
GDL17921

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:50 am

Well, that was fun.

Casa de Cashen has to be the best place to stay for a disc golf tournament. Bed to sleep on. Pool and hot tub filled with chicas. Gourmet food waiting our arrival....it just can't get any better. Unless you go to Japan apparently.

Fausch, your legend is large down there. Every time I said your name, the conversation stopped and whoever I was talking too explained that "he's the guy who threw 19 discs into the tree to get his disc back". Oh, yeah, I remember him! LOL! Awesome.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby AO » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:01 am

I think I attended the wrong tournament.....
AO

Postby The Donator » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:35 am

AO wrote:I think I attended the wrong tournament.....

I dont know what the differences in payouts were, but if Peoria's was better, KCWO will always trump in all other aspects
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby AO » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:14 am

It has nothing to do with payouts. The KCWO had to be more organized and run better.
AO

Postby The Donator » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:42 pm

Actually I just like the courses down in KC a lot more. What happened with Peoria?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Clue » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:08 pm

AO wrote:It has nothing to do with payouts. The KCWO had to be more organized and run better.

They have an incredible crew down there. You're talking about 10-20 guys who have been doing this in excess of 20 years, some closer to 30. We were done at 3:30 yesterday. Tanner and I got home a little after 7.

It was a great weekend. They had something like 60 pizzas at the player's party, plus a keg or two. Pete had some sweet Italian food that we ate all weekend. Tank burnt his nuts in the hot tub. All in all it was a pretty good weekend.
Clue

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:09 pm

The Donator wrote:Actually I just like the courses down in KC a lot more. What happened with Peoria?

2002 Busch League, from what I hear.

I'm actually interested to hear Greenwoods take on things.
Like_Water

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:18 pm

My thoughts on Peoria? Hmmm, other than some OB's that weren't painted/defined like the way we see at A-Tiers, and the fact that the ams didn't get player guides, and they used inappropriate targets for 6 temp holes at McNaughty, I thought Peoria was a success. I was already gone, but heard that there were pro payout issues, but I don't know what they were.

Oh, and I should mention, without it being a bad reflection on the event itself, Brad Williams is the biggest asshole I've ever seen playing an event. Made DF look like a saint. He is a disgrace to the face of the pro division.
GDL17921

Postby z-man » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:32 pm

GDL5000 wrote:Oh, and I should mention, without it being a bad reflection on the event itself, Brad Williams is the biggest asshole I've ever seen playing an event. Made DF look like a saint. He is a disgrace to the face of the pro division.
Funny you mention this...

I had the displeasure of playing with this toolbox twice during the summertime open a few weeks ago...nonstop bitching about the course and how he shouldn't even show up for B tiers...I happen to love the course and feel its one of the stronger courses we have in the area...he made my first two rounds pretty unenjoyable...

He wasn't just bitching to me either...He was making these comments around the people who take care for the course and put on the tourney...ie the locals...apparently he kept the shit talking going through the evening at the local's house he was staying with (and won't be invited back from what I understand) and almost got all his crap sold on ebay the following day because of his words...

asshole is probably an understatement...asswipe is probably a more realistic description
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Wow, I cant wait to play with this kid. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Like_Water

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:41 pm

GDL5000 wrote:Oh, and I should mention, without it being a bad reflection on the event itself, Brad Williams is the biggest asshole I've ever seen playing an event. Made DF look like a saint. He is a disgrace to the face of the pro division.

I actually had to walk away after the lead card played hole 12 or I was going to say something to him about being a cry baby $hit pants. After throwing a drive on 11 he turned around and dropped a F bomb while his shot got a very undeserving good kick back into the fairway and was talked to by the scorekeeper. He then loudly paced back and forth while the other three guys teed off. I had a very hard time biting my tongue and decided I had seen enough. It is really too bad that the group did not stroke him during that round and he was able to win in a playoff. I tried finding out if he had any sponsors because I am more than will to drop them a email to let them know what a prick he is. I would never buy a damn thing from anyone willing to put their name on him.
Sniper26

Postby z-man » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:47 pm

If he keeps winning he'll probably be picked up...at which point we could all send in a few letters...that ass had no respect for anybody but himself...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Sniper26 wrote:

I actually had to walk away after the lead card played hole 12 or I was going to say something to him about being a cry baby $hit pants. After throwing a drive on 11 he turned around and dropped a F bomb while his shot got a very undeserving good kick back into the fairway and was talked to by the scorekeeper. He then loudly paced back and forth while the other three guys teed off. I had a very hard time biting my tongue and decided I had seen enough. It is really too bad that the group did not stroke him during that round and he was able to win in a playoff. I tried finding out if he had any sponsors because I am more than will to drop them a email to let them know what a prick he is. I would never buy a damn thing from anyone willing to put their name on him.

Let if fly! Do you hear what goes on at PGA events? Let him have it!
Like_Water

Postby Peil » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Sniper26 wrote:I tried finding out if he had any sponsors because I am more than will to drop them a email to let them know what a prick he is.

I saw a picture of him wearing a Hippie Golf Wear shirt. I'm really hoping that he just bought it and isn't sponsored. Guy sounds like a prick.
Peil

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments