Greater Peoria Open, June 19-20- A-Tier

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby IHearChains » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Sprague wrote:To adjust I would recommend experimenting with a 'baby' nose up / 'baby' hyzer angle at impact.

Interesting post.

After watching Nikko at Walk the Plank, I began experimenting with hyzer on my shorter putts. I have come to two conclusions (referring to RH putting). Feedback welcome!

1) Wider sweet spot in chains. With a flat putt, my sweet spot on the chains was only a little zone from the pole to a bit right of the pole... flat putts were getting kicked straight out the side to the ground. When the putter hits the left side chains on a hyzer angle, it is more likely to catch. On the hyzer putt the disc is perpendicular to the left side chains so it contacts more chain. Also the left chains push the hyzer putt almost straight downward into the basket. So with hyzer, my sweet spot extends farther left. I still need work on hitting it, but it has improved my percentage.

2) Less chance of left to right error in release point. This is why I tried to pick it up from watching Nikko. His arm motion is almost straight on a vertical line. Although I don't try to copy his style, even a little hyzer seems to allow me to keep my putting arm motion more vertical and I have less problems with missing right or left. But now I miss high or low more often -- still need more practice!
IHearChains

Postby Dana » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

Also, the putt didn't knife through, but after it hit the chains it hit the basket and came back towards me.
Dana

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:00 am

hole5guy's GPO recap

I skipped most of the interview with the TD, but there is a nice interview with Tra-Lo, a cameo by Sprague, the playoff, and an interview with the infamous champion, Mr. Williams.
GDL17921

Postby Sniper26 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Anyone know why the GPO ratings were not on the July 20th update?
Sniper26

Postby freburg36625 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:43 pm

td report did not make the cut off
freburg36625

Previous

Return to National Tournaments