USDGC 2009

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby grodney » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:20 am

By the way, in other news, Clue is all talk when it comes to foot faults. I watched him ignore one on hole #9 on day 3.
grodney

Postby Like_Water » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:21 am

:lol:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby z-man » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:34 am

“Good luck trying to beat that new course record,” Anthon said during the award ceremony.

That record might stick around for a couple of years...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby Cydisc » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 am

z-man wrote:“Good luck trying to beat that new course record,” Anthon said during the award ceremony.

That record might stick around for a couple of years...

A moot point considering the course is likely to be different next year anyway.
Cydisc

Postby grodney » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:18 am

Yeah. If Harold follows through with the "no fairway runup" on hole 5 as is being heavily rumored, that'll be one of the changes. I'm sure there will be others.
grodney

Postby Like_Water » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:02 pm

grodney wrote:Yeah. If Harold follows through with the "no fairway runup" on hole 5 as is being heavily rumored, that'll be one of the changes. I'm sure there will be others.

Chucking gay.
Like_Water

Postby Cydisc » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:06 pm

grodney wrote:Yeah. If Harold follows through with the "no fairway runup" on hole 5 as is being heavily rumored, that'll be one of the changes. I'm sure there will be others.

"You eat a lot of acid back in the hippie days?"
Cydisc

Postby grodney » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Just add it to the list of "INNOVAtions":
- triple-mando
- yellow rope
- practice putting during rounds at back-up holes
- rules variances for stance violations
- distance-only (no stroke) OB rules
- hay bale island greens with drop zone after 4 (or whatever) misses
- etc.
grodney

Postby irban » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Has he been talking to McCluen?
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby The Donator » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:32 pm

Discwrangler wrote:Image

What am i missing here...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby z-man » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:57 pm

I think the photo implies that the yeti is in fact a giant amongst men...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby grodney » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Soooo, that rules issue on pdga.com, how was it resolved?

Summary: Player tees off and throws at the green on hole #10 (the reachable par 4). Spotter raises flag to indicate OB. Player re-tees to fairway, then throws approach to green. Upon reaching green, the original disc is WAY in-bounds.

Sounds like this actually happened. I wonder what is the by-the-rule call? I wonder how it was actually handled?

(I love how a reasonable (yet seemingly silly) approach is to announce "provisional" after every single throw that a spotter says is OB, since the in-bounds status of the disc is in question. I guess.)

Another spotter story: A guy in Clue's group, let's call him "Joe", tees off on #11 and grip locks it about 50 feet off the tee into a VERY thick holly bush. We find the disc. The spotter, who has walked back to this position to help us look, says: Can't you just take your next shot from in back of it? And by "in back of it", he meant like 50 feet back to get clear of the bush. We said "uhhh, no". Then he says "well, since you're the experts, what's the actual rule on that?". Somebody says "you have to be within 11 inches". He says "oh".

Interestingly, 2 throws later, "Joe" throws way OB, and the spotter missed the spot on the wrong side of a HUGE tree, by about 60 feet. "Joe" was going to take his next shot from the spotter's spot until Clue walked up and convinced Joe that the spotter was clueless.
grodney

Postby Like_Water » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:23 pm

That's punny.
Like_Water

Postby Clue » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:08 pm

grodney wrote:(I love how a reasonable (yet seemingly silly) approach is to announce "provisional" after every single throw that a spotter says is OB, since the in-bounds status of the disc is in question. I guess.)

I actually got this one right on day 1. We get to hole 3 and I proceed to throw OB. The spotter marks where I crossed the OB line. I said I'm going to throw a provisional retee, but take the spot if in fact we are supposed to play where we went out. I consulted with the spotter and showed him the retee rule in the book and that was the end of that. I did not know about the drop zone on 12 at any point so the spotter got us on that one.
Clue

Postby AO » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:17 pm

The Donator wrote:
Discwrangler wrote:Image

What am i missing here...

Yeti being large and sitting behind an angry old troll sitting in a childs chair.
AO

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments