HGW SuperClass Championship, Oct. 11 2009, PDGA C-Tier

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:43 pm

Should be here later this week, along with some of the gummier new releases. Will have plenty for the tourney, I think..
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Chase20460 wrote:Should be here later this week, along with some of the gummier new releases. Will have plenty for the tourney, I think..



IN STOCK!
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby irban » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Chase20460 wrote:Zephyrs the answer to all. You will see.

Doesn't reallly look like a lid. That must not be what they are going for huh? I mean, what about an 86 mold or something like that? Or does the size have to be bigger?
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5241
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby grodney » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Yeah, I mean, it sucks.

This whole sup****ass thing has some problems:
1. Who is behind it.
2. The stupid name.
3. It's sort of like a fun way to play golf with old-school frisbees, but then everybody has to try to get over, and use something golf-like. Even if they ain't beveled, some of these ain't frisbees. If you're not using a Wham-o ulty, 165, 150, 141, 119, etc., it's just a different form of cheating.

So, yeah, I love playing golf with my old lids, and would love for some small competitions, but this isn't it. Too bad for the implementation decisions. Meh, oh well.
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby Pittman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:18 pm

I actually don't mind superclass except for the putting. I've yet to figure out how to putt with golf discs, super class are just impossible for me to get in the basket.
Pittman
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:18 am
Location: Rochester, MN

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:33 pm

irban wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:Zephyrs the answer to all. You will see.

Doesn't reallly look like a lid. That must not be what they are going for huh? I mean, what about an 86 mold or something like that? Or does the size have to be bigger?


has to be 21.3(?) cm in diameter.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
User avatar
MDR_3000
 
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:09 pm
Location: Straight outta NoCash.

Postby Clue » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:48 pm

grodney wrote:Yeah, I mean, it sucks.

This whole sup****ass thing has some problems:
1. Who is behind it.
2. The stupid name.
3. It's sort of like a fun way to play golf with old-school frisbees, but then everybody has to try to get over, and use something golf-like. Even if they ain't beveled, some of these ain't frisbees. If you're not using a Wham-o ulty, 165, 150, 141, 119, etc., it's just a different form of cheating.

So, yeah, I love playing golf with my old lids, and would love for some small competitions, but this isn't it. Too bad for the implementation decisions. Meh, oh well.

Man you're a cranky old bastard these days. <dumbassyellowheadhere/>

The competition angle may be totally flawed for all I know, and I agree with a combination of what G and Pittman are saying. Whatever is good for putting is probably a better driver than the Ultimate lid which renders them somewhat obsolete. I'll have to give this Zephyr a try and throw some with the Ultrastar. I might make a self-imposed rule to make it as challenging or *pure* as possible. Regardless, props to Chase for pushing it. You certainly don't have to like it, and if you don't nobody is forcing you to play, but I'm glad it may be available.
Clue
 
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 pm

Compare it to riding a moped, you will be reluctant to try it, but once you do you will enjoy the hell out of it.
User avatar
Sniper26
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Moline, IL

Postby Orange Guy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:22 am

Sniper26 wrote:Compare it to riding a moped, you will be reluctant to try it, but once you do you will enjoy the hell out of it.


Image
User avatar
Orange Guy
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:46 pm

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:25 am

So like mopeds and scooters, is this fun to play till someone sees you doing it? :lol:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby Like_Water » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:31 am

Sniper26 wrote:Compare it to riding a moped, you will be reluctant to try it, but once you do you will enjoy the hell out of it.



Ok.

I'd rather drive this

Image

over this

Image
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby Sniper26 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 am

Busa's are fun. Freburg passed me at 190mph on one over the 280 bridge. doesn't seem like someone should be flying by you when you are doing 160.
User avatar
Sniper26
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Moline, IL

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:07 am

GDL5000 wrote:So like mopeds and scooters, is this fun to play till someone sees you doing it? :lol:



No actually. The people that see you are curious then jelious they dont have a Zephyr.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:08 am

MBMPH :lol:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby Orange Guy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:20 am

GDL5000 wrote:So like mopeds and scooters, is this fun to play till someone sees you doing it? :lol:


No actually. The people that see you are curious then jealous they don't get 100 mpg.
User avatar
Orange Guy
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron