Wildcat Springs Open A-tier Hamilton IL Sept 26th & 27th

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby strokersix » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:24 pm

Survey markers I think.
strokersix

Postby Like_Water » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:24 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote:Seriously...could somebody get Justin Atwater-Taylor a bag of sand.

He wants an obelisk.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:12 pm

[quote="Nohr"]I would like to throw some mud around. Rob Mumma lost a blue star valkyrie on hole 5 at Hamilton first round Sunday. The next day he got a call from someone finding the disc at Eastern in Davenport. So someone at the tournament finds a disc with a name and number and takes it home with them? Come Quad Cities I thought you were better than that.

quote]

Im going to pretend I didnt read this. Ive returned in the ballpark of 50-75 discs to people this year, and about 5 of those I found. The rest were turned in by people that found them, some without names. Im sorry Rob lost a disc and someone else found it and brought it back here, but I really dont want to see that kind of crap posted about the QCs. In fact, Ive got one of Robs discs next door, maybe you should tell him to stop littering up our courses with his bad shots.

I know right? It makes about as much sense as your post. Also, remember that people actually go out of thier way and travel here to play. That disc may not have anything to do with anyone in the QCs other than the fact it was found here.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Captain » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Nohr wrote:What in the heck are those things in the middle of the teepads.

I think they are bullet casings though someone offered that they may be something used in concrete to prevent cracking. IDK

I will second the E Mac is one of the nicest guys I have meet. Now, it's easy to be nice when you're playing well. It's when you hit the bumps in the road that the true character comes out. It's when the chips are down that you see the other side of people. That's the beautiful thing about golf, it gives you a reflection of who you are.
Captain

Postby Nohr » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:43 pm

Chase maybe I didn't explain what happened very well.

Sunday Rob lost a disc at hamilton course.
Monday Rob gets a phone call disc found at eastern.

To me this says someone played the tournament found a disc. Didn't turn it in. Then went to eastern to play and lost the disc.

Granted this could been anyone that played at the tournament. It just makes me mad that someone playing in a tournament doesn't turn in a disc with a name on it.

Quad Cities has great people and great courses in it.
Nohr

Postby The Donator » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Captain wrote:
Nohr wrote:It's when you hit the bumps in the road that the true character comes out. It's when the chips are down that you see the other side of people. That's the beautiful thing about golf, it gives you a reflection of who you are.

Perfectly said. I laugh at my many misfortunes in disc golf, rarely, rarely ever get "mad"... when i dont play well and am EXPECTING to play well, i just become really quiet, then ill apologize to my group for being quiet instead of trying to make funny jokes the whole round.
**disclaimer** - I also don't play tournaments.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Great Tourney

Postby Furniss » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:10 pm

I had a blast at this tourney! It was great being right behind or around some of the top pros in the sport.

Great job to the Discraft team!

Thanks for the ride back and forth Jeremy.

Just wish my putter would have showed up at Keokuk and I might have finished better than 10th..better than 32nd I guess.

:D Can't wait till next year

Anthony
Furniss

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Nohr wrote:Chase maybe I didn't explain what happened very well.

Sunday Rob lost a disc at hamilton course.
Monday Rob gets a phone call disc found at eastern.

To me this says someone played the tournament found a disc. Didn't turn it in. Then went to eastern to play and lost the disc.

Granted this could been anyone that played at the tournament. It just makes me mad that someone playing in a tournament doesn't turn in a disc with a name on it.

Quad Cities has great people and great courses in it.

No, I understood it fine.

1) How many people from the QCs played Hamilton?
2) How many spectators from the QCs were there?

I count 8 players, and know them all. I seriously doubt any of them would take a Star Valk, let alone a Star Valk that has Robs name on it. Some, if not all, know who he is.

Im saying it could have easily been someone passing through to another place, or someone who traveled here to play. Its actually quite common and I have people in the store from the Keokuk area.

Is it far fetched? Yeah, but you really couldve made a better post to point it out before you blasted everyone in this town. My guess would be possible spectator from here or visitor from elsewhere.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby DaveS1823 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:11 pm

Nohr wrote:Tournament was really fun. Only thing that threw me off my game was when I noticed the little bolt in the long tee pads at Rand. I saw it 2nd round and it rattled me. I kept thinking I would step on it and mess everything up. What in the heck are those things in the middle of the teepads.

Those were used to get a GPS distance from the middle of the tee-pad to the pin for all those new signs that were put up before the tournament.

Other than being very noticable, they really don't get in the way.
DaveS1823

Postby Nohr » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Yea they didn't really get in the way. It was just a mental block that I had. Thanks for all your hard work btw.
Nohr

Postby KePP » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:01 pm

"Another excuse strategy, called self-handicapping, is where an individual introduces an impediment that supposedly hinders adequate performance, thus providing a ready-made place to transfer blame when things go wrong. [...]"
-Lawrence, Karen, June 30, 2009, Article
KePP

Postby Like_Water » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:16 am

KePP wrote:"Another excuse strategy, called self-handicapping, is where an individual introduces an impediment that supposedly hinders adequate performance, thus providing a ready-made place to transfer blame when things go wrong. [...]"
-Lawrence, Karen, June 30, 2009, Article

Disc golfers are the best at this strategy. :shock: :?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

some pics

Postby Furniss » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Here are some pics from the tourney..sorry it took so long to post them.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2033038&id=1016168139&l=d1f769b8a9

Hope you like them
Furniss

Postby AO » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:15 am

Bill,
Do you know when records will be turned in? I noticed Wildcat is not up on our stats.

Thanks,
Adam
AO

Postby papparoc » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:04 pm

As far as I know they were turned in a long time ago. You can contact Roger at ckasbur@hotmail.com
papparoc

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments