Wildcat Springs Open A-tier Hamilton IL Sept 26th & 27th

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:53 pm

Scores are up...ratings are wrong though.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby freburg36625 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:35 pm

I would have come but I am waiting patiently on a baby. I don't care who is there, I love the opportunity to play with great golfers.
freburg36625

Postby Captain » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:54 am

MDR_3000 wrote:Scores are up...ratings are wrong though.

Should be higher or lower?
Captain

Postby AO » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:46 am

Hole 6 at Wildcat is a tough hole. 450ish low ceiling shot with shule on left, water long, and two giant trees on the right side. Many golfers throw a controlled "S" shot left to right and others roll it. On Saturday I was on hole 6 waiting and see Nikko throw a sky roller and park it. Pretty amazing shot and then on Sunday does the same thing. I told my group thats 3 rounds in a row because he did it last round last year. Nikko then taps out for his tough 2 and says "thats 4 rounds in a row." LMFAO! Really Chuckin good disc golfer. Of course AJ disses the shot and reminds everyone he threw the airshot and got it yesterday. BTW, that is amazing too.
AO

Postby Like_Water » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:53 am

AO wrote: Of course AJ disses the shot and reminds everyone he threw the airshot and got it yesterday. BTW, that is amazing too.

Nothing short of amazing. Ever.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby AO » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:14 am

Discwrangler wrote:
AO wrote: Of course AJ disses the shot and reminds everyone he threw the airshot and got it yesterday. BTW, that is amazing too.

I can't think of or know of another golfer who blames anything and anyone but himself for his mistake or bad shots. The tee pad sucked, branches weren't cut, the course is a pitch-n-putt, not tier worthy, why wasn't the culvert covered, and so on throughout the entire tournament. He is very negative and doesn't appear to appreciate things that are provided to him. Just takes and takes, bitches and bitches.
AO

Postby papparoc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:17 am

My favorite quote of the weekend was Nikko's. He blasted the best shot I had ever seen on 14 in Rand and as his disc parked near the basket he say's OOOOOH NIKKO. Avery's shot was pretty good too.
papparoc

Postby Dana » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:33 am

I can't think of or know of another golfer who blames anything and anyone but himself for his mistake or bad shots. The tee pad sucked, branches weren't cut, the course is a pitch-n-putt, not tier worthy, why wasn't the culvert covered, and so on throughout the entire tournament. He is very negative and doesn't appear to appreciate things that are provided to him. Just takes and takes, bitches and bitches.

Sometimes I can't believe that I'm hearing him say some of the things he says and then he goes and says the same stuff to TD's, volunteers, course designers, etc..
Dana

Postby papparoc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:44 am

AO wrote:
Discwrangler wrote:

He might be some of that but for every Eric McCabe(nicest disc golfer you will ever meet) you need an Avery. If I was going to get in a bar fight it would be good to have him on my side. He raised the intensity and excitement. Good Stuff

It was awesome to see my hero's there battling it out with these guys. Srague, Olson , Duncan, Robinson and Harper. You guys Rock, Thanks for attending my events
My hats off to all of you
papparoc

Postby Like_Water » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:07 am

Dana wrote:

Sometimes I can't believe that I'm hearing him say some of the things he says and then he goes and says the same stuff to TD's, volunteers, course designers, etc..

It's really sad how 2 guys at the top of the food chain make the some of the best TD's in the game find ways to keep them from coming back, or worse, not want to TD anymore. :evil:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby AO » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:26 am

papparoc wrote:
AO wrote:
Discwrangler wrote:

He might be some of that but for every Eric McCabe(nicest disc golfer you will ever meet) you need an Avery. If I was going to get in a bar fight it would be good to have him on my side. He raised the intensity and excitement. Good Stuff

It was awesome to see my hero's there battling it out with these guys. Srague, Olson , Duncan, Robinson and Harper. You guys Rock, Thanks for attending my events
My hats off to all of you

I don't know if we need some of the things that he says. I really don't like hearing it throughout the rounds. I do think more McCabes would be great. He is just as competitive but a completely different personallity. Eric is one of the best top golfers to play with imo.

Thanks for the compliment too. We all will keep coming back. Wildcat Springs is what disc golfers want and like in a tournament!
AO

Postby IHearChains » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:39 am

papparoc wrote:
DaveS1823 wrote:It will be a good tournament. Roger has secured a waiver from the PDGA that will allow non-PDGA members to play in the tournament.

This post is incorrect. Roger was concerned about his Jr's and this affecting their particapation. There was some misinformation and commuincations. There is no exemption or waiver. Roger will take care of any problems as he always does and continue promoting qualty events.

Based on this "misinformation" I paid an entry fee, not knowing I was going to be ineligible. The error should have been disclosed before the tournament, whether it creates headaches for the TD or not. But the "misinformation" was allowed to stand uncorrected, both on this board and in private emails back and forth with the TD. As a relative newcomer to tournaments I don't know how unusual this is, but I find it surprising and disappointing.

Its OK my tournament didn't count for the record, because I played crappy golf anyway. Fun courses, good guys on my cards...guess I'll try to focus on that.
IHearChains

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:46 am

Seriously...could somebody get Justin Atwater-Taylor a bag of sand.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Harmon » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:10 pm

thanks to all that helped run this tourney ... great weekend all around ...
Where there is Love there is Hope (Widespread Panic)
Harmon

Postby Nohr » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:15 pm

I would like to throw some mud around. Rob Mumma lost a blue star valkyrie on hole 5 at Hamilton first round Sunday. The next day he got a call from someone finding the disc at Eastern in Davenport. So someone at the tournament finds a disc with a name and number and takes it home with them? Come Quad Cities I thought you were better than that.

Tournament was really fun. Only thing that threw me off my game was when I noticed the little bolt in the long tee pads at Rand. I saw it 2nd round and it rattled me. I kept thinking I would step on it and mess everything up. What in the heck are those things in the middle of the teepads.
Nohr

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments