PrairieLand Putting Putt-Down

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

PrairieLand Putting Putt-Down

Postby Jwt4412 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:05 pm

UPDATED:

The Springfield Disc Golf Club is having an event on February 3, 2007.

It will be the Inaugural Prairieland Putting Put-Down.

It will be two rounds in Lincoln Park followed by an indoor Putting
Tournament at the State Fairgrounds.

At Lincoln Park:

We will begin with a Doubles Tourney using the "Ice Bowl" format - we will be collecting canned goods for local charity.

We will follow that with a quick round of 200' feet and in for a warm up for the Putting Tourney...

We will then move to the State Fairgrounds:

Food
Bracket Tourney w/ 40% payout to First Place
Knock-Out
"Skee-Ball"
Longest Putt

What is "Skee-Ball"? Skee-Ball with be three temp baskets set up 20' [10 pts] - 40' [20 pts] - 60' [50 pts] away with 10 putters - Highest Recorded Score wins - tie will be decided by a putt-off...

We will have a room available for sponsors to show and hawk their wares…

The Total Cost of the Package is $35.00 and Five Canned Goods per Participant

What’s in the Player’s Pack?

We will be using the GDSTour White Package - 3 disc player’s pack
and the following...

Entry fee for one in an “Ice Bowl” Doubles Tourney – for trophies and prizes
Entry fee for one in a 200’-and-In Ace Run Circuit –
Your $1.00 entry in the Event Ace Pot is included in the Package*
A Ten Dollar Bracket Ticket – for your shot at the 40% Cash Pot Prize
3 Knock-Out Tickets. – You vs. Nine Others for Custom Stamp Wizards
Food.

We want to have a bracketed tournament with winner getting 40% of the Ten
Dollar Fee - additional cash prizes will go down farther in the standings.

I’ll do some quick math for you – If 100 participants show up, the winner gets $400.00. How far the cash prizes go down the bracket depends on how many folks show up… More Players, more payouts…

It will be one on one:

Each "putter" flips his disc - first one who is "heads" gets to pick the
first place to put from. If he makes it and his opponent misses, he has
got to make it again. If he does his opponent is eliminated and he moves
on to the next round. It alternates back and forth until there is a
winner.

While the Bracket is running - we will be having games of Knock-Out.
$1.00 Cut-Throat ticket to enter against 9 other "putters". The winner of
the Knock-Out game gets the Ten Knock-Out tickets/dollars and can trade
them in for a Custom Stamped Wizard.

Three tickets will be part of the package but more can be bought
if the player wants to play more.

We will also be playing Skee-Ball. What is "Skee-Ball"? There will be three temp baskets set up 20' [10 pts] - 40' [20 pts] - 60' [50 pts] away with 10 putters - Highest Recorded Score wins the prize - tie will be decided by a putt-off...

We will also have longest putt contest for prizes, as well.

First do you think there would be any interest from guys in your neck of
the woods on coming on down? We are looking for anchor sponsors from the various surrounding areas.

Send us your best putters…

We want to crown a PrairieLand Putting Champion.

We are trying to find out if there is any interest from the Quad Cities,
ChicagoLand, Champaign, Decatur, Peoria, St. Louis Area and beyond...

Would you guys be interested, if so – we are looking for a headcount – just email me at jwt4412@yahoo.com?

Any questions? Just email me. So let’s review; for $35.00 you get fed, you get three discs, you get an Ice Bowl for trophies, you get an Ace Run, you get pick up Knock-Out games, and you get a chance at a 40% Pot Cash Prize and you might get your mug on DiscGolfTV.com – but most of all you GET Bragging Rights!

*if you want in on our club progressive Ace Pot, you got to be a member [$15.00] – Forms will be available at the event. Bag Tags are also available and the Bag Tag event concludes at our Capital City Challenge event later in the year.

Sponsorships are available - we are especially looking for prizes for the "Skee-Ball" and the Longest Putt. Two of the manufacturers are already on board and DiscGolfTV.com has expressed interest on attending and doing a segment for the their website…

Our Club Website is http://www.discgolfclub.org
Jwt4412

Postby Jwt4412 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:02 pm

Just wanted to thank the Guys from the Peoria Disc Golf Club for the Sponsorship and the Six Putters Donated as Prizes...

You fellas out West gonna come west and show us FIBbers how it is done?

http://www.discgolfclub.org

Ever seen a Four Hundred Dollar Bill? Me neither... but if you beat 99 other putters, I'll hand you four crisp One Hundred Dollar Bills or a bunch of crumpled up ones -- they will spend just the same... :wink:
Jwt4412

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:06 pm

Team Iron Lion putting squad?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby flyinplastic23 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:33 pm

something tells me I wont make the team? even tho i have been spending countless hours practicing
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Daddy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:59 am

Jwt4412 wrote:Just wanted to thank the Guys from the Peoria Disc Golf Club for the Sponsorship and the Six Putters Donated as Prizes...

You fellas out West gonna come west and show us FIBbers how it is done?

Ever seen a Four Hundred Dollar Bill? Me neither... but if you beat 99 other putters, I'll hand you four crisp One Hundred Dollar Bills or a bunch of crumpled up ones -- they will spend just the same... :wink:
I sure hope I get my player pack from last years ice in the mail before the peu-ria a$$- bowl gets here this year...
Daddy

Postby jess20460 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:37 am

Don't get down on yourself Kelly-- probably would be a good idea to have at least one lady on the team.. Chase will be making this executive decisions though..
jess20460

Postby mountainmama » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:46 pm

I don't want to stir anything, but I figure since it's a disc golf club inviting people, we should probably put our best foot forward and go to this thing as the QC Disc Golf Club--sponsored or supported by Iron Lion Disc Golf. Just an idea, gang. That way there doesn't have to be any "cuts"--everyone makes the "team". I hate it when there has to be the "chosen ones"--especially when the gals get left out, like for the team events. We may not drive as far, but we've got the putting game! Food for thought.

QC Disc Golf will represent and rule!!
"You can tell more about a person in an hour of play than a year of conversation." Plato
mountainmama

Postby Jwt4412 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:37 pm

Everybody is invited...

We were yapping during leagues one time here at the SDGC how centrally located we were here in Central Illinois... Imagine That... Any whooo, we thought it would be cool to get everybody together at one time from all around and just have a good time...

We understand that it is a long drive for some so we thought we would throw is much in as we could for one event without getting too crazy.

Nothing else is going on in Feb, so we thought Feb.

It's gonna be cold, so we though indoors...

Indoors - let's putt.

So for the $35.00 we figure we got to feed people - so we thought/thinking Chilli...

Three Discs, Sticker, a doubles tourney, an ace run, $1.00 into the event Ace Pot, $10.00 entry fee to our putting tourney and three Knock-Out tickets for chances to win more discs...

Fun for all... not just the best...

But it would be great to be there when somebody knocks one down from 135' out to win $400.00 - and remember he/she would have had to do it twice...

Anyway, end of commercial... did I mention DiscGolfTV.com is planning on covering the event?

Again in review, ALL ARE WELCOME...

By the way if you are a member of the SDGC - the both the Wednesday and Saturday League progressive ace pots are open game during the doubles tourney and the Ace Run...

www.discgolfclub.org
Jwt4412

Hotel Rate...

Postby Jwt4412 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:14 pm

I have been able to get a rate of $69.00 per night - any room at the local Microtel for the event... Good Enough or would it need to be better?

69.00 / 4 = $17.25 plus taxes per person - of course I hear 8 people can fit in a room...
Jwt4412

Postby Jwt4412 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:48 pm

The PrairieLand is now a registered IceBowl2007.com event.

Request for input: It has been brought up the ability to buy Mulligans for charity - has anybody played in event that does this? Is it a good idea?

Thanks in advance for your input...
Jwt4412

Postby Jwt4412 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:25 am

It is official...

We got a $50.00 per night rate at the Microtel available both Friday and Saturday night.

Even better the VP of Marketing will be comping one room each night on his personal AMEX card from those players registered in the hotel... There is a chance one night of hotel stay could be free for you...

He will be at the event so you can thank him personally, I know I will.

Instructions on how to get the rate will be posted on the pre-registration page at the website which should be up and running by the weekend.

Jwt4412

Postby Jwt4412 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:04 pm

Things are firming up...

We have DGA baskets and Gorilla Boy Disc Bags for prizes... Microtel is giving us a $50.00 per night room rate...

Innova gave us a traveling basket and some tour bags for prizes too...

The Rip Shack will be doing the chili and we will have 50 wizards available as prizes for the knock-out games.

Doubles in the morning... IceBowl2007.com event

Followed by the Ace Run sponsored by your very own Iron Lion - course will be set up for 200' and in Ace Run Round with CTPs

And AceHunt.Com has provided us with Ace Bounties for Aces hit from Concrete to Basket - $73.00 retail value certificates for apparel from their website... First three Aces from Concrete get the certificates

And if we are 100 people deep in the Bracket - You are putting for a first prize CASH payout of $400.00

Ace Pot is Active for both rounds...

Questions? - just ask...

We would also like to thank Microtel for $100.00 that is being donated to St. John's Bread Line... The five cans of food/$5.00 and the Mulligan money will all be donated to St. John's Bread Line...

Is the Best Putter going to come from the Quad Cities?

3 Disc Player's Pack
Entry in the Cash Prize Bracket Tourney [$10.00 ticket]
Chili
3 Knock-Out Tickets
ACE RUN
DOUBLE ROUND
Event Ace Pot

All that for $35.00

Remember 2/3/2007 - details at http://www.discgolfclub.org
Jwt4412

ppp

Postby ziggy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:45 pm

so...

who's coming?

who's the best putter in the midwest?

what disc is it gonna be??
ziggy

Postby jess20460 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:15 pm

Iron Lion will be there!!!
jess20460

Postby Jwt4412 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:18 pm

Jes,

We are going to have a women's division for the Doubles Tourney can I list you as a contact person over on the WDGA if they have any questions?

The trophies for the Ice Bowl portion of the event are going to be "Winner" bag tags for the doubles teams that win Open, Am, Woment, and Wisinois [Deaf League]...

I need to know what email address I can post for you on that thread over on the WDGA...

Thanks,

Trotter
Jwt4412

Next

Return to National Tournaments