Lockport doubles tourney; cash payout pro and adv.

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Lockport doubles tourney; cash payout pro and adv.

Postby nrapp41 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:21 pm

Joliet is holding an unsanctioned doubles tourney this Sunday Nov. 5 at Trinity Links in Lockport.

Three divisions:
Pro $80
Adv $60
Masters...forgot to ask, sorry.

Each division will be payed out in $$$$.

Gee, I wonder if that means Adv, too. It does.

I am suppose to let you know there are a couple of water holes on what appears to be a small pond, but in actuallity its a watery, mass grave of discs. Short anyhyzer holes from what I remember. I'm thinking of reuniting with an old friend, a dx xlassic roc and sacraficing him.

Registration closes at 9:30, and this could fill.

So what do you say?[/i][/b]
nrapp41

Postby dfee » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:28 am

Masters is $60
dfee

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:40 am

whats to keep pro level players from sandbagging the am purse? how will you know
Abe Froman

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:20 am

I wondered the same thing last year. Everyone pretty much knows everyone and where they are supposed to play. Hell I wanted to play Am there last year....I still don't think we would have cashed.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby nrapp41 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:36 pm

projectpuffindiscman wrote:whats to keep pro level players from sandbagging the am purse? how will you know

I believe it has something to do with being a complete tool if you do. I think its great that someone holds a tourney like this. Some of us spend money to play all year because we love to disc, and disc competitively. So what if we aren't pros, we're adults, so pay us out in cash occasionally dammnit. Did I mentioned that you'd be a douche and a turd if you were to bag.
Also, great oppurtunity for ints to jump up and compete for cash.
nrapp41

Postby Mount » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:56 pm

So I take it that means you wouldn't play advanced with a pro if you had a chance?
Mount

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:26 am

I believe it has something to do with being a complete tool if you do. I think its great that someone holds a tourney like this. Some of us spend money to play all year because we love to disc, and disc competitively. So what if we aren't pros, we're adults, so pay us out in cash occasionally dammnit. Did I mentioned that you'd be a douche and a turd if you were to bag.Also, great oppurtunity for ints to jump up and compete for cash.

:? whoa dudeImage

MDR_3000 wrote:I wondered the same thing last year. Everyone pretty much knows everyone and where they are supposed to play.

thats all you had to say.
Abe Froman

Postby nrapp41 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:47 pm

yeah that really came across as very neg., my bad. it was suppose to read as sarcasm, serious, sarcasm serious. anyways, it would be turdiness to bag though. it should be a good time though, it may be close to 50 degrees on sunday.
sort of a duece and die course so bring a putter as a partner.
nrapp41

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:37 am

sounds like a good time, would love to come but i just bought a house and i'm balls deep in repair and installations. do you guys do this every year?
Abe Froman

Return to National Tournaments