Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Re: Cedar Creek Open, PDGA A-tier, July 27-28

Postby Like_Water » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Fausch, I don't think you understand what renovating means. :lol:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby discgolfduval » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:02 pm

I wish the Budgett were as nice as that place.....
discgolfduval

Postby discgolfduval » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Like_Water wrote:Fausch, I don't think you understand what renovating means. :lol:

Just cause you're staying at a 5 star hotel doesnt mean you have to look down on us budgeters. Yuppy. :P
discgolfduval

Postby AO » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Fausch, you reAdy to drink some brews this weekend?
AO

Postby bdhukr » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Only if it's Natural Light or Two Hearted...lmao^^^
bdhukr

Postby discgolfduval » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Another Cedar Creek tourny in the books and another great time. Trevor has it figured out for sure. Great shooting AO.
discgolfduval

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:00 am

Thanks Trevor. The PDGA should have you giving clinics on how to run an event. I love hanging with the Minnesotans, always good times.

Nice Shooting AO!

I can't believe I tied Fausch. That never happens.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby crazykrug » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:21 am

Is AO now the new record holder with that sick 41?

West Course Records
•White A - Travis Blase (45)
•White B - Dustin Reutzel (44)
•Red A - Trevor Boehne (43)
•Red B - Trevor Boehne (43)

East Course Records
•Short - Adam Sternke (40)
•Long - ???
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:46 am

crazykrug wrote:Is AO now the new record holder with that sick 41?

West Course Records
•White A - Travis Blase (45)
•White B - Dustin Reutzel (44)
•Red A - Trevor Boehne (43)
•Red B - Trevor Boehne (43)

East Course Records
•Short - Adam Sternke (40)
•Long - ???

Pretty sure Mitch P shot a 40 there last year. That 13 under was smoking though.
discgolfduval

Postby Detra319 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:20 am

I know everyone always talks about how amazingly well this tournament is ran, and I dont disagree that Saturday and Sunday went amazing. Course is awesome, cards I played on were some of the most fun ever (Jeff Luiz always has a putt. Jeff Louis shoots -14. -7 for me and -7 for you!). The only thing I was not happy about was how poorly ran Friday was. I drove up from clear lake 100+ miles just so I could shoot the flex singles and the putting contests and such, but then when I showed up no one had any idea what was going on with singles, and no one knew when the putting contest or skills competition was going to start. Basically what they didn't do was tell you that those contests don't really happen on Friday, they happen Saturday after the rounds are finished. And yes I came after the start times, I was there from 330 to 530...

So basically I drove 200 miles to pick out my disc the day before. Awesome...that was worth the gas. But the event was fun and the courses are fun, but I'm not coming back til I have shoulder surgery and can throw a thumber again. I did not realize how much it was needed until I finished round 1 and someone commented that the guy who won our card threw 15 thumbers 2 forehands and 1 backhand. Wow.

Really I'm not trying to come off as negative but I just wanted to throw out there what my experience was. First class people, great great venue, fun tournament, just a slightly misrepresented Friday.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:04 pm

I know it's a little late, but I'm just seeing this now....

Thanks for your comments! Sorry that you didn't have a great experience on Friday. I shared your frustration with the flex singles situation. Two years ago, I ran flex doubles on Cedar Creek East for the first time. We had quite a few people take part in it, but the extra obligation that it put on me (having to stay around HQ to sign people up) was tough when I was trying to get a bunch of other stuff done. So, last year I let two of the vendors run the events instead. It allowed me to offer players more options for things to take part in while still giving me the freedom to do what I needed to do. There was doubles on Cedar Creek West which ran very smoothly, and singles on Cedar Creek East which did not. From what I understand, the first couple hours that singles was open, no one signed up. As time went on, the people running it started to think no one was interested in single, and were only taking part in doubles. They ended up deciding to shut it down and go do some practicing themselves. I was a little disappointed about this when I heard about it, but I didn't hear anyone else say anything about it so I figured everything was fine. Now that I hear someone made a special trip and had a negative experience on Friday because of it, I'm a bit frustrated. I want everyone to a great time with every aspect of the tournament. So, thanks for the feedback. I make every effort to fix any negative aspect I ever hear about. This year, I'm thinking we should offer doubles on both courses, since singles wasn't very popular. Regardless of what is offered, I will make sure that whoever is running it knows that it needs to stay open the entire time it is advertised.

As far as the putting contests and skills competition on the other hand, I'm not sure what you're talking about. These contests very much DID happen on Friday. We had someone out there for hours on Friday afternoon/evening and we had lots of people participate. Maybe it just got started late, I'm not sure. But it definitely happened. We had more people take part on Friday than did on Saturday. Regardless, if you had a negative experience, I'm very sorry. It must mean that things didn't happen exactly as advertised. Please know that I will do everything that I can to make sure this doesn't happen again. If you return to the tournament next year (and I hope you do), please don't hesitate to show up on Friday!!

As far as the thumbers go... I hope you can throw them again someday, but they are not necessary. The top two finishers didn't throw them.
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Previous

Return to National Tournaments